Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
I will probably ride couple stages in a make-up days. I need to thing if 3-stages is too much. Anyway i can't ride all 4 what i missed. Forecast tells rainy days in a weekend, better hope so, otherwise is too tempting to go irl ride.

JuhaL

Guru
how to waste an afternoon and a pot of latex goo !!
at least the shed floor looks waterproof now
got most the tyre on , poured goo in , popped tyre on , swished about abit , went to use joeblow pump but it did nothing apart from ooze goo while trying to pump up , took tyre to indoor shed where compressor is , tried that, more goo on shed floor , went back to outside shed , noticed i had dripped goo all through the kitchen , watched youtube video on how to do it , back to wheel that had oozed goo over bench and dripped onto upturned bike , done all the tips i had found and still no joy and very little goo left in tyre
took tyre off , cleaned it put an inner tube in it and put some goo in inner tube
stuff tubeless tyres !
at no point did it look like the tyre was ever close to sealing on the rim - it just sat in the middle part of the well bubbling at me !
I can imagine a feeling. I have keep my hands off tubeless tyres. Cycling is too much full different options so i select simple things as possible. If i would only have personal mechanic i would probably choose tubular tyres and ask him follow me with a car with a spare wheels, but clincher is my selection too.

JLaw

Veteran
My plan was to squeeze in #1-#3 this weekend. But the weather looks good enough that I might just have to venture out for the first real world climb of the year tomorrow...

JuhaL

Guru
Good luck all doing ToW this weekend ... let me know times and I'll update the first page :okay:
I am gettin good mood for that listening Pink Floyd - Echoes.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I can imagine a feeling. I have keep my hands off tubeless tyres. Cycling is too much full different options so i select simple things as possible. If i would only have personal mechanic i would probably choose tubular tyres and ask him follow me with a car with a spare wheels, but clincher is my selection too.

I honestly think clinchers are the worst option available. Tubular and tubelsss are both a little fiddly at first. But only a little honestly. And when you have it worked out they are so much better than clinchers. I run tubular in all my bikes now. Even my comuting bike. They don’t puncher as much as clinchers, and I reckon I can repair a puncture quicker on a tub than changing an inner tube now. But the main thing is the ride quality. I’ve started using tubs with latex inners, and honestly I didn’t think the difference would be as noticeable as it has been. But they’re fantastic. Plus I can run them at 80-90 psi for long rides to make them super comfy. Or pump them up to 140psi for short blasts. Two things you could never do with a clincher.

I’d honestly persevere a bit longer. Tubeless seem like the future to me. I’m sticking with tubs for now because I prefer the tyre options, and all my favourite rims are better suited to tubs than tubeless. Plus they’re lighter and I’m a tart. But if you’re into bikes and can do a bit of the maintenance yourself I think you have to give tubeless a go.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Tommy, for you between 40-45m for stage 4. And no, just join the ride at least 5 min before.
I still hope to ride it at 8-30 - at my age body takes a bit to warm up.

Cheers mate. I’m not sure I’ll be ready in time for 8-30. 45m = 20 miles or so? I think I’ll be slower than your expectations. I’m trying to ride at 200w or less at the moment.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Y, 18.5m and about 300m so all about power. I have ridden course in 44m at about 210w. I am a little slower at the moment at anything over 30 min

Top Bottom