England : Cheshire 200 km 'audax-style' forum ride, Sat, 27th June, 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I recognise the long haired layabout @McWobble . I'd thought he'd forgotten how to ride a bike though. And it looks a bit early in the day for him to be up and about too. :hello:

Actually, I got up at my usual, correct time. I do understand that this will be difficult for you to comprehend, being but a civil [1] servant but, well, some of us actually have to get results - literally, in my case - rather than merely turn up early for another tiring day of drinking tea at the Ministry. Of course, you do run the risk of getting RSI in your cup holding arm. Perhaps you should ask for danger money? :tongue:

[1] For a given value of "civil"...

martint235

Dog on a bike
Actually, I got up at my usual, correct time. I do understand that this will be difficult for you to comprehend, being but a civil [1] servant but, well, some of us actually have to get results - literally, in my case - rather than merely turn up early for another tiring day of drinking tea at the Ministry. Of course, you do run the risk of getting RSI in your cup holding arm. Perhaps you should ask for danger money? :tongue:

[1] For a given value of "civil"...
Results? That's the reason you get up in the middle of the night: so you can post extremely dubious results and hope no one will notice till you're asleep again. Some of us have to protect the border you know. I realise we failed with some people but we do try to keep most undesirables out. :cheers:

Anyway are you on the Whitstable ride?

Ha ha! I'm very much Scottish! :smile:
Blimey, I hope I'm never in a situation where my life depends on guessing someone's regional accent correctly!

But it was nice to meet you @McWobble along with @skudupnorth, @MartinQ and of course @ColinJ.
It has seemed a bit of an anti climax getting back to the routine of work after such an enjoyable ride together on Saturday. Unfortunately, due to family commitments I won't be able to make another weekend forum ride until late August/early September. It would be nice to have a ride over in your neck of the woods sometime, McW. I've only ever been to the Wirral once before and that was to see my football team get thrashed 5 - 1 about 10 years ago. I reckon the cycling would be better than the football.

Top Bottom