2012 Bradley Wiggins Pinarello Dogma 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

Normally competition specs give some indication of the value of the prize.

If 3K+, you may find you have something rather expensive to insure, depending on how you do it (home insurance usually the cheapest, dpending on where you live but will be a named item)
Thanks.. thats great.... the spec paints it to be nearer 8k.... so i will look at the house insurance route. Thanks for the advice.

vickster

Legendary Member
Lordy, expect a big whack on top of your premium, especially if you live anywhere half way urban!

vickster

Legendary Member
Well it's a high value nickable item unfortunately, but it didn't cost you anything so that's one positive :smile:

OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

Well it's a high value nickable item unfortunately, but it didn't cost you anything so that's one positive :smile:
ha.. I know.... I was VERY lucky... depending on the cost.. I might have to sell.. not sure the missus will be too happy with a big hit! :sad: Ahhh well

vickster

Legendary Member
Depending on where you Iive, I would expect several hundred a year to insure I'm afraid, especially if you need it covered away from home

Don't expect it to be easy to sell or to get anything near 8k for it - seems higher end bikes are very hard to shift. Hopefully it's a standard size at least

OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

Depending on where you Iive, I would expect several hundred a year to insure I'm afraid, especially if you need it covered away from home

Don't expect it to be easy to sell or to get anything near 8k for it - seems higher end bikes are very hard to shift. Hopefully it's a standard size at least
Yeah I am not expecting it to be easy... with a signed Sky team shirt and certificate, I still think you need someone who is a massive bike fan or has deep pockets. We shall see! Thanks for your advice! :-)

Interesting article on the Sky Procycling website. Particularly the following note at the end

"*As this is an exclusive newsletter subscription offer, we kindly ask that you keep the information private and do not publicise the event online."

Oh well....:laugh:

Crankarm

Guru
Thanks.. thats great.... the spec paints it to be nearer 8k.... so i will look at the house insurance route. Thanks for the advice.

They will clobber you for it or refuse to insure it at £8k as it is too higher risk if it goes "missing" or is pinched. If they do offer cover for it, you will feel like you're being robbed. For some reason my house insurance (Nationwide) rocketed this year to silly money, despite making no claims whatsoever and also they unilaterally removed two of my named bikes. Suffice to say I am now with a different insurer.

OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

They will clobber you for it or refuse to insure it at £8k as it is too higher risk if it goes "missing" or is pinched. If they do offer cover for it, you will feel like you're being robbed. For some reason my house insurance (Nationwide) rocketed this year to silly money, despite making no claims whatsoever and also they unilaterally removed two of my named bikes. Suffice to say I am now with a different insurer.
Seriously? Can they do that and just remove stuff with mentioning it? Hmmm looks like a big chain and guards will be useful? ^_^ Thanks for this!

Crankarm

Guru
Seriously? Can they do that and just remove stuff with mentioning it? Hmmm looks like a big chain and guards will be useful? ^_^ Thanks for this!

Yup. Insurers can do what ever they want in respect of their insured. I guess they thought I wouldn't notice that 2 bikes were missing from my renewal schedule whilst sending my renewal price into orbit. Bastards! TBH self insuring, the best locks and being really careful is the best policy to prevent your pride and joy being pinched.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine decided I needed and had a burglar alarm and didn't tell me I had to have one fitted. Luckily I noticed on the schedule and cancelled, saving £50 in the process!

OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

Yup. Insurers can do what ever they want in respect of their insured. I guess they thought I wouldn't notice that 2 bikes were missing from my renewal schedule whilst sending my renewal price into orbit. b******s! TBH self insuring, the best locks and being really careful is the best policy to prevent your pride and joy being pinched.
Yeah I agree. Well I will get insuring now... Or look to well it I think.

Top Bottom