2012 Bradley Wiggins Pinarello Dogma 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
With a link to this very forum too...
i hadn't spotted that, but then again I hadn't even realised it was the same guy. :whistle:

Herbie

Veteran
Hi there,

I recently won one of Bradley Wiggins 2012 Pinarello Dogma 2 bicycles in a competition.

I am looking to get it insured/valued and wondered what people think t would be worth? I have no real idea.

Pinarello Dogma 2
Dura ace c35 prototype wheels
Durace brakes and gears
Fizik seat
Velocarbon tyres

What do you think? Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

no way would i sell it

OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

Did anyone who is a fan actually win a Sky competition.. Lol
Everyone seems to want to sell them.

Froomes bike is interestingly priced. Wonder if it will sell.
ha ha ..Nice comment.... maybe when I look back I will regret it.. .but the choice between giving my 2 yr old daughter and 4yr old son their first holiday, or having a bike I cannot AFFORD to use, and so would sit in a garage under a blanket where NO ONE would get use of it, well... for me... my kids came first.

Maybe you don't understand that, and if you won it you could afford £2k for wheels if you damaged them... or £2k for gears if they went wrong. Or you could afford to hang it off your wall and stare at it... but I can't.

To suggest I am not a fan is short sighted and insulting... but thats OK... from your comments before I see you aren't afraid to put noses out of joint. I love cycling, I loved having won and owned something so special.. but I am a realist with two children, a wife and a mortgage, so I have to live in the REAL world. Its like those people on Bullseye who won a speedboat and lived in Derbyshire.. do they keep it cos they won it but get nothing from it? Or do you think they flogged it to someone who could use it and give them some money that they could use for their lives?

Sorry if that offends you.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ha ha ..Nice comment.... maybe when I look back I will regret it.. .but the choice between giving my 2 yr old daughter and 4yr old son their first holiday, or having a bike I cannot AFFORD to use, and so would sit in a garage under a blanket where NO ONE would get use of it, well... for me... my kids came first.

Maybe you don't understand that, and if you won it you could afford £2k for wheels if you damaged them... or £2k for gears if they went wrong. Or you could afford to hang it off your wall and stare at it... but I can't.

To suggest I am not a fan is short sighted and insulting... but thats OK... from your comments before I see you aren't afraid to put noses out of joint. I love cycling, I loved having won and owned something so special.. but I am a realist with two children, a wife and a mortgage, so I have to live in the REAL world. Its like those people on Bullseye who won a speedboat and lived in Derbyshire.. do they keep it cos they won it but get nothing from it? Or do you think they flogged it to someone who could use it and give them some money that they could use for their lives?

Sorry if that offends you.

Knowing Mr H I don't think he is offended at all. And certainly don't think he begrudges you selling the bike. I'm sure he would do the same... being the self confessed Spesh fan boy he is....:thumbsup:

And for the record, If I had won it, I would have sold it too.

OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

Knowing Mr H I don't think he is offended at all. And certainly don't think he begrudges you selling the bike. I'm sure he would do the same... being the self confessed Spesh fan boy he is....:thumbsup:

And for the record, If I had won it, I would have sold it too.
:-) Thanks for that! It's not that I didn't want it... I just couldn't afford to ride it.. buckle a wheel.. and whats the point of putting £100 wheels on a bike like that.. and I don't have 1000's for running it

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
:-) Thanks for that! It's not that I didn't want it... I just couldn't afford to ride it.. buckle a wheel.. and whats the point of putting £100 wheels on a bike like that.. and I don't have 1000's for running it

I would have entered not to have kept it but to sell it. And why not?
Competitions are not exclusive.

OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

I would have entered not to have kept it but to sell it. And why not?
Competitions are not exclusive.
Wow... someone who doesn't think cos you win it you have to keep it. Thats refreshing! Thanks for this!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i don't get the quote " i can't afford to ride it" - doesnt cost anything to ride a bike and as it was free, it hasnt cost you anything either. If you want to sell it, then sell it

but don't say things that mean nothing, i'm a big team sky fan, if i had won the bike, i would have sold it too - not because of not affording to run, but because i think the bikes are butt ugly

just my 2cents

OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

i don't get the quote " i can't afford to ride it" - doesnt cost anything to ride a bike and as it was free, it hasnt cost you anything either. If you want to sell it, then sell it

but don't say things that mean nothing, i'm a big team sky fan, if i had won the bike, i would have sold it too - not because of not affording to run, but because i think the bikes are butt ugly

just my 2cents
Jowwy, thanks for the comment.. I mean I couldn't afford to replace anything if it broke... go out and damage a wheel.. whats the point of putting 100 quid wheels on a bike like that?! They would have to be good ones... or you might as well ride a cheap bike. Mate of mine had those gears... had issues £2k to fix.... so no.. I couldn't afford it and that isn't saying things that mean nothing.. it's fact.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
As Ian correctly states, I would have sold the bike myself and I have no trouble with people doing so.
It also was not a comment particularly aimed at you itself or anyone else who is selling or has sold one, its more a comment towards the reaction and disapointment shown from others towards people who have. You would think you had the crown jewels at times
Giving up things for your family ultimately gets my admiration and respect. It also shows that you have your prioritys correct IMHO

I appologise if I came across as suggesting you were not a fan, this was not my intent or desire.

To be honest I find the whole thing a little bizarre from the reactions of those who think the sellers are crazy, to the valuations placed on what in effect are old pinerello's ridden by pro rider's at some point. The bikes are not noted as being used to win particular stages so have no significant historic worth IMHO - it's apparent though that I have the ability to put peoples nose out of joints based on some of the messages I have recieved, I have been told on a number of occassions that the bikes are worth far more than is being asked, that as a fan they would love the bike and that im a twat, both could be true.

My ideal is that they sell for shed loads to a fanatical fan as this would make them smile, and give people like yourself the ability to see your family and daughter smile, which is worth far far more than any old bike IMHO.

IMHO (not that it matters) selling is a good choice and I admire your selfless reasons for doing do... Good luck with it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

As Ian correctly states, I would have sold the bike myself and I have no trouble with people doing so.
It also was not a comment particularly aimed at you itself or anyone else who is selling or has sold one, its more a comment towards the reaction and disapointment shown from others towards people who have. You would think you had the crown jewels at times
Giving up things for your family ultimately gets my admiration and respect. It also shows that you have your priority correct IMHO

I appologise if I came across as suggesting you were not a fan, this was not my intent or desire.

To be honest I find the whole thing a little bizarre from the reactions of those who think the sellers are crazy, to the valuations placed on what in effect are old pinerello's ridden by pro rider's at some point. The bikes are not noted as being used to win particular stages so have no significant historic worth IMHO - it's apparent though that I have the ability to put peoples nose out of joints based on some of the messages I have recieved, I have been told on a number of occassions that the bikes are worth far more than is being asked, that as a fan they would love the bike and that im a twat, both could be true.

My ideal is that they sell for shed loads to a fanatical fan as this would make them smile, and give people like yourself the ability to see your family and daugher smile, which is worth far far more than any old bike IMHO.

IMHO (not that it matters) selling is a good choice and I admire your selfless reasons for doing do... Good luck with it
Thanks... appreciate it .

Top Bottom