England : Rutland 22nd or 23rd Nov (AKA TF birthday ride)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dr_pink

On the weekend of 22/23 Nov we'll be organising one of our Rutland specials.
We'll confirm the date and time when some of you have let us know which day is best (i.e. if anyone's travelling by train, Sunday's no good as trains don't start early round here on Sundays)
The Sunday is TF's birthday.
Startplace: Oakham (9.30 or 10)
Distance: 50 miles ish (or fewer if rubbish weather)
Cafe stop: probably by Rutland Water
& as usual - there will probably be more cake at ours afterwards

So.. who's up for it? Any regulars?: @dave r @Poacher @HLaB @Vikeonabike @4F (sorry I can't think of everyone's forum names!)

D

Deleted member 1258

Put me down as interested, not sure yet, might be something else on that weekend, if I do the ride I'll be steering clear of road works.^_^ :blush:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
After a summer of sloth and indolence, I'm even more gravitationally challenged than usual, but should still be able to manage 50 miles ish.
Will try to keep that weekend free - no particular preference for one day over t'other.

OP
OP
dr_pink

dr_pink

Thanks for the replies - we'll probably go for Sunday 23rd then.

TF has planned a different route from any of the previous cyclechat rides we've done round here.

Feel free to tag others in here who might make the trip. What about @oldfatfool @ColinJ maybe? I've asked @kiwi-Sal to check her diary too. I may start posting photos of the cakes I might make in case that triggers @potsy into finally coming over this way...

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I can knock together a batch of shortbread, if that would help. Might even try a poncy variation like rose petal or lavender flavoured!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Feel free to tag others in here who might make the trip. What about @oldfatfool @ColinJ maybe?
Sorry, I can't make it for this one but I hope you all have fun! :hello:

If you can squeeze in a summer Rutland forum ride during next racing season, I will try to time a Midlands family visit to fit in with it.

(And if you and tf happen to be available, watch out for 3 of my forum rides - Glasson Dock from Whalley again at the end of March, a 200 km audax permanent ride in Cheshire at the end of June, and a rerun of my Settle-Hawes Dales ride at the end of July.)

I can knock together a batch of shortbread, if that would help. Might even try a poncy variation like rose petal or lavender flavoured!
There are times when multi "likes" should be an option :hungry:

Sorry Dr.P xmas pressure will have started by then so will be coining it :smile:
:sad:

Will this be a fixed friendly ride ? :smile:
Definitely, I would say it is a ride just about anyone could do, as usual no A roads.

Reactions: 4F
Top Bottom