A confession. I am a hat man.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
@Drago You are Henry VIII and I claim my five pounds!

2585.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Here's a few of me in a titfer..... you'll like one of them!

IMG_1306.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I have a photo of my grandad taken outside his greengrocers shop in 1927. He is incredibly well dressed, tie, three piece suit and highly polished leather gaiters and wearing a flat cap. Also in the picture is someone who isn't as smartly dressed, but is wearing a trilby type hat. From the body language and photo composition my grandad appears quite deferential to this other man (no idea who he is btw). I think you could gain a lot from the study of headwear choice.
I'm a peaky blinder type of hat wearer for the record.
And baseball caps are not hats.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I wear a baseball-cap-like Legionnaire's hat most of the year, sometimes with the flap up (see avatar), sometimes with flap down:
tailsluiceselfie.jpg

Well, except for fancy dress rides:
witches.jpg

I sometimes wear a thinner traditional cycling cap:
liquiselfie.jpg

But this time of year, I'm hidden behind big goggles and beneath a warm fleecy beanie:
tilneyselfie.jpg

Mrs M

Guru
I've tried to suppress it for years, endured ridicule, taunts, even by some on here who I thought were my friends (you know who you are). But the fact is I like wearing hats. They may not always suit, but I like the feel of a hat on the head, be it Bobble or Homberg, Pork-pie or Beeny. Over the years I have managed to sneek a few under the radar though sadly my favourite Tilley went AWOL.
Cycle caps I have in abundance, a few broad sun hats and now some winter warmers.

So all you other hat wearing men, time to come out of the closet and show us your headwear (no cycle helmets OK).
This is the time.
This is the place.

View attachment 152104
Ahh, sigh of relief :smile:
I first read this as "hit man" :blush:
Wondered why you did all that travelling abroad!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ahh, sigh of relief :smile:
I first read this as "hit man" :blush:
Wondered why you did all that travelling abroad!
The name's Foodie....Fab Foodie....

jefmcg

Guru
I haven't read the whole thread, but the title keeps popping up in new posts reminding me of that old phrase "I'm a leg man" or "I'm a breast man"

Top Bottom