Alan Moore knows the score!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D-Rider

I'm also very much looking forward to this... Am dragging a couple of pals along to see it next week.

Have to say, though, that I thoroughly enjoyed the V for Vendetta film. Although, sadly for a comichead, I must confess to never having read that one!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
papercorn2000 said:
Crisis - took itself far too seriously, humourless and worthy. The artwork quickly went downhill and the stories were worthy only of a spotty sixth year student.

The 'Third World War' sequence in Crisis was a favourite of mine and it was nice to have some in-your-face global and green politics in a popular form. That really had never been done before. It was particularly good when it got back to Britain. The rest of Crisis was utter shite, espcially that awful uber-trendy Camden story. Horrible.

There was also Revolver which featured the wacky psychedelic curry-pulp of 'Rogan Ghosh'.

TVC

Just listened to Mark Kermode spend 20 minutes trashing it, he reckons V for Vendetta was better than this - not a very high bar then.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I think I heard Alan Moore being interviewed on a radio 4 programme called The Chain or something, where the interviewee one week interviews someone else the next week. He's quite a funny guy with a Brummie accent IIRC. I quite like the way he disses all the film adaptions of his work and won't accept film credits or money for them.

I too used to be a 2000AD reader, but obviously missed it during its golden period. I used to like Button Man and The Hanged Man. I can't say for sure these are Alan Moore's work, but I wouldn't mind betting these get made into films.

just jim

I loved the "Sin City" adaption - never mind "The Wrestler", this was Mickey Rourke's return. It stayed true to the comic without being slavish as some seem to say about "Watchmen".

You realize Watchmen is directed by the same gibbering cross-eyed alcholoic monkey as made 300 don't you? - It'll be sh!t.

cisamcgu said:

I did buy Starlord and 2000 AD.
Seem to remember they merged at some point.
I have somewhere 'Prog 1' Anyone remember 'Flesh'?

Also used to get 'Action' until it underwent an overnight revision when a parent somewhere read a copy and actually found out what was in it 'The Kids are Alright' I think was the story that did it. Or possibly 'Hookjaw'

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Crackle said:
You realize Watchmen is directed by the same gibbering cross-eyed alcholoic monkey as made 300 don't you? - It'll be sh!t.
I am aware of this. The adaptation of 300 was actually perfectly good. It's just that the source material is nasty right-wing tossery....

andygates

Actually, it's very good right-wing tossery. Leni would have been proud and libertarians still get Rugged Individualist boners at the thought of it.

Still right-wing tossery, mind.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
andygates said:
Actually, it's very good right-wing tossery. Leni would have been proud and libertarians still get Rugged Individualist boners at the thought of it.

Still right-wing tossery, mind.
How long did we spend ranting after we saw it? Hours iirc.:rolleyes:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
papercorn2000 said:
Crisis - took itself far too seriously, humourless and worthy. The artwork quickly went downhill and the stories were worthy only of a spotty sixth year student.

It did have a fairly interesting sub-watchmen story of superheroes called The New Statesmen but even that wasn't that good.

And ironically enough, one of it's stories was called Halcyon Days.

'Revolver' was the other one - it had Dan Dare in it.

I wish someone would try and make a "Marshall Law" film - Kev O'Neill's artwork was always something I looked forward to.

Top Bottom