angered a farmer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

bonj said:
(you wouldn't actually, 'cos it'd be pointing forwards, but you could have a nice mud shield anyway)

So, presumably, when you are riding your MTB whilst facing forwards, you never get mud on your face...:wacko:

(I see a black hole beckoning...)

OP
OP
B

bonj2

papercorn2000 said:
So, presumably, when you are riding your MTB whilst facing forwards, you never get mud on your face...:wacko:

(I see a black hole beckoning...)

I wasn't plannin on having a gun on my MTB. only on my road bike. If i had a gun on my mtb, it probably would get clogged up with mud, or it would catch on something.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If you need any help rounding them up Bonjy baby, I used to be a ram matador!

ram.jpg

Wigsie

Nincompoop
rich p said:
If you need any help rounding them up Bonjy baby, I used to be a ram matador, untill this one mounted me... now I am a submissive sheep lover!

ram.jpg

Fixed for you Rich :wacko:

Crankarm

Guru
bonj said:
We could have sheep, just keep the in the bloody field and not on the sodding road. Christ, I cycled over enough bloody cattle grids - what's the point of them if they don't prevent sheep getting onto the road? How hard can it be?
Get the council to repair any gate/fence/hedge that sheep can get through, and then send the bill to the farmer, and don't transport them by them walking down the road, instead, use a lorry or trailer.
Load them in in one field, drive down the road, unload them in the other field. Or better still don't bother, just leave them in the first field and absconce the need to transfer them at all.
All animals, including horses, should be regarded as completely unpredictable and it should not be regarded as a surprise when they decide to run off or do their own thing.
We do need sheep, but not quite as many as we've got, because most farmers are actually living on EU subsidies and not actually producing anything at all due to food mountains that exist, therefore anything they do produce is pure surplus. Consequently all they do is bugger around all day and pretend to farm.

Bloody farmers, they're nothing but a chuffing *nuisance* !

Feeling sheepish Bonj...... Bah, bah, bah.......

You would have thought a cyclist with all man's superiour evolutionary development could outwit sheep .......

Be careful don't upset farmers you might find a dead sheep in your bed. Alan Partridge upset some Norfolk farmers who dropped a cow from a bridge onto a boat on which he was doing a promo on. LoL.

Mr Pig

bonj said:
what's the point of them if they don't prevent sheep getting onto the road? How hard can it be?

Quite hard actually. It's very difficult keeping miles of fencing up to scratch. The livestock push it about, people climb over it and it just sags and rots over the years. You would not believe how small a gap a sheep can get through. If they see even a tiny gap they'll batter at it until they get through, they'll even hammer against a fence that has no holes in it.

I don't know what the big deal is. They're a hazard to cars on a main road but not really much threat to a cyclist. Cows and sheep almost invariably run away from you, especially if you're on a bike. Dogs however! There are a few of those I would happily poison!

papercorn2000

A pal of mine was descending on the south side of the Glentaggart (darkest Lanarkshire) when a sheep ran out in front of him (he was prob'ly doing 35-ish). Result: trashed helmet, trashed jacket and tights, trashed front wheel, trashed frame, about 1/2 acre of road rash and a sore head.
Being a bit of a divot, my pal didn't get round to reporting the incident so never managed to claim any damages from Farmer Giles.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
How about this? - it could be used to move sheep to the side of the road....

VancouverSnowPlow.jpg

papercorn2000 said:
A pal of mine was descending on the south side of the Glentaggart (darkest Lanarkshire) when a sheep ran out in front of him (he was prob'ly doing 35-ish). Result: trashed helmet, trashed jacket and tights, trashed front wheel, trashed frame, about 1/2 acre of road rash and a sore head.
Being a bit of a divot, my pal didn't get round to reporting the incident so never managed to claim any damages from Farmer Giles.
What happened to the sheep.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
All animals, including horses, should be regarded as completely unpredictable and it should not be regarded as a surprise when they decide to run off or do their own thing.

and yet....

I thought, i know, if I hoon it through the middle they'll probably each be scared into the respective verge.

Do you often try to predict the unpredictable?

Joe, thanks for the knitted bike pic - not so long ago a set of very learned CC members were sitting around a pot of tea debating whether one could knit carbon fibre....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
...and did you have the technology?

Sadly, I don't. I don't doubt I could knit the fibre (actually, I don't know, how flexible is it?), but the oven for curing the resin is lacking...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Archie_tect said:
Couldn't find knitting needles strong enough.

eh? The actual fibre must be flexible, else how would they shape it - I've seen the woven stuff layered, like cloth. My main concern would be if it was too brittle, and liable to break.

Mind you, a knitted tube of wool or acrylic, soaked in some sort of epoxy would make a passable tube - not structurally strong enough to actually use, but maybe enough to hold up its own weight for a visual gag...

Top Bottom