angered a farmer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Run for your lives!

snowroads041107002.jpg

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Noodley said:
Run for your lives!

snowroads041107002.jpg

I like how they are all standing and watching, in fear of you Noodley.
I suppose i would do aswell if i saw you out on your bike;) Not only the look, but the smell.................:smile:

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
bonj said:
. The farmer was mildly ranting, and i had become aware that he was driving on a quad behind the rear flock of sheep, and was shouting obscenities "you silly c**t!" and "don't go so fast in future you w**ker!" I took the executive decision that he was talking to his wife/child/a sheep/(some entity that fits the definition of all 3).

Did he recognise you? :smile:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Yellow Fang said:
I saw some sheep standing in the road while cycling up Kirkstone Pass on my way to JOG. It amused me so much I decided to stop to take a photo, but they buggered off before I could retrieve my camera, b@st@rds.

:smile: ha. a likely story. :smile:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

661-Pete said:
I don't understand, what's this thing with sheep? Wherever you go you may meet animals: isn't a dog or cat that gets in your way on the road just as hazardous? Or a rabbit? Or a pheasant? I don't know how many CCers have encountered deer on the road. I have! (And I'm not just talking Richmond Park, either). They can be big and scary, with no road sense. And pointy-bits on their heads! OK I know sheep can have pointy-bits too, but most farmers de-horn their flocks...

i've seen a deer in clumber park, but they're much much much more timid than sheep, they tend to run off long before you're anywhere near them, whereas sheep are just arrogant aggressive tossers.

dav1d

Kirstie said:
Now, anthropomorphism never got anyone anywhere...

Wee lambs think that anything bigger than them is their mum. So if you happen to be MTBing where there are lambs you can sometimes end up with a little procession of them behind you.

I was once walking through Poynton Pool (the land bit, not the water!), with a carrier bag in my hand. The entire field (sheep and their lambs) starting following me. Luckily they weren't agressive and one even let me feed it. A woman said they tend to follow people with bags there.

Joe24

bonj said:
i've seen a deer in clumber park, but they're much much much more timid than sheep, they tend to run off long before you're anywhere near them, whereas sheep are just arrogant aggressive tossers.

Cycling in Clumber park, i thought was pretty crappy, to be honest.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Cycling in Clumber park, i thought was pretty crappy, to be honest.

If the ride ONLY involves clumber park, yes. Quite nice to cycle *through* it though. You do also have the option of taking a through route which is a valid thoroughfare marked on the map which is free to cycles but about a £5 toll for cars. (Drayton gate). The road from cuckney through norton to carburton is a bit crap, bumpy and the like, (quite a few doggers apparently pretending to be anglers as well up there). A better route is the B6034 (budby to worksop road).

Joe24

bonj said:
If the ride ONLY involves clumber park, yes. Quite nice to cycle *through* it though. You do also have the option of taking a through route which is a valid thoroughfare marked on the map which is free to cycles but about a £5 toll for cars. (Drayton gate). The road from cuckney through norton to carburton is a bit crap, bumpy and the like, (quite a few doggers apparently pretending to be anglers as well up there). A better route is the B6034 (budby to worksop road).

Is it me, or do you seem to know where ever dogging spot is around here Bonj?:tongue:

Bonj, are you a dogger?:wacko:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Is it me, or do you seem to know where ever dogging spot is around here Bonj?:tongue:

Bonj, are you a dogger?:wacko:

:biggrin: no but i (used to) know somebody who is. (or once went.) he does smoke heroin though. I dont' go round any more 'cos all they do is watch the CCTV of their alleyway and fall asleep in the middle of conversations. Bit embarassing really.

Top Bottom