Another one down ME.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
That short a time !
It depends who and how co-operative and organised the drivers' insurers are, how obviously the driver was at fault, and how complicated your injuries are. Mrs W received a payout within a few weeks. Which she will observe that I then spent on a new bike.

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
It depends who and how co-operative and organised the drivers' insurers are, how obviously the driver was at fault, and how complicated your injuries are. Mrs W received a payout within a few weeks. Which she will observe that I then spent on a new bike.

Well played .

Reactions: srw

Karlt

When I worked in motor insurance a conviction of one party was useful but by no means was it even the norm for liability to be established.

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
and my solicitor has advised me not to proceed with a claim as the police have indicated to the others insurers it was my fault via the police report.

so there you have it,. sound your horn , hit a cyclist knock him off and plod are on your side.

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
well when the 1st plod on scene asks why i wasn't wearing a helmet you know its a hiding to nothing !

had i not bought a new bike in June i would be tempted to tip it bollix and go back to tube/car such is my annoyance that there is no protection for cyclists in London off the segregated shoot.

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
WTF ??

What evidence can they possibly have that it was your fault ?

1 witness who said almost exactly the same words as the car driver on statement. so no collusion there at all.
and 1 witness who said didn't see it all but it is always the cyclists fault !

hatler

Guru
Strewth. This is where the change in liability thing would be useful. If the twat's car touched you then he was by definition too close. Very sorry that this has turned out this way.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's crap news.

It doesn't surprise me to be honest. The Police tried their very best to stop me pursuing with a claim against them when a cop knocked me off. Luckily I had an excellent independent witness and a most excellent solicitor from S&G. If I didn't have their help then I can almost certainly say that I wouldn't of had a chance. The cops tried every trick in the book not to admit liability and try to put the blame on me

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
Slater and Gordon were solicitors !

I wasn't best pleased with the language on the letter from them .

" Maker of your own misfortune "

Cockwomble shyster who will still get paid. CTC renewal next year won't happen . Will probably look at one of the other organisations. But not LCC.

e-rider

crappy member
the legal system is bollox as I found out (not cycling related though) and appears to be largely a game of power with a side arm of parting people from very large sums of money for doing very little. Just focus on getting healthy and move on with your life and stop wasting time thinking about these cockwomble shysters

Top Bottom