Another one down ME.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can't recommend BC. After being clotheslined by the gatekeeper at Dulwich toll booth BC solicitors insisted that I should have been in the cycle lane on the approach to the booth and as I wasn't the gatekeeper was entitled to do what he did. Pointing out that the useable width of the cycle lane was less than two inches got me nowhere.

Reactions: mjr

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I can't recommend BC. After being clotheslined by the gatekeeper at Dulwich toll booth BC solicitors insisted that I should have been in the cycle lane on the approach to the booth and as I wasn't the gatekeeper was entitled to do what he did. Pointing out that the useable width of the cycle lane was less than two inches got me nowhere.

Christ.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Crazy just crazy, if you had video do you think it would be the same result?
I hope it would (I use cameras since a refusal to prosecute years ago, but they're temperamental things and sometimes record nothing useful) but I fear they'd just find a loophole like claim the camera's uncalibrated or some other excuse.

toontra

Veteran
After being knocked off last Feb, I was so dissatisfied with the total and utter lack of response from the Met (despite providing them with a witness) I must have lodged a complaint. I say that because it was so long ago I'd forgotten, and was therefore surprised to get a letter last week (i.e. 21 months later) thanking me for my complaint and saying to would be passed on to the relevant department.

Utterly useless incompetent idiots. If I hadn't been nearly killed it would almost be laughable. There was enough evidence to get an insurance payout but obviously not enough for the Met to lift a finger.

classic33

Leg End Member
Slater and Gordon were solicitors !

I wasn't best pleased with the language on the letter from them .

" Maker of your own misfortune "

Cockwomble shyster who will still get paid. CTC renewal next year won't happen . Will probably look at one of the other organisations. But not LCC.
Any idea given recent changes, what would happen upon renewal, if you did?

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
Any idea given recent changes, what would happen upon renewal, if you did?
I assume you mean if I had been successful would I renew with CTC . Probably yes. I wasn't happy with the name change or move away from its "core" and the sacking of Chris Juden was abohorrent

vickster

Legendary Member
You don't need to go with an organisation if simply looking for the legal cover. Wiggle et al offer, even my LBS
http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/accident-advice/

Leigh Day (BC) are ok but the process of getting expert Medicals with the right experts is painfully slow! Be three years for me in Feb, not seen a penny yet. Gives me plenty of time to plan what to spend/waste the eventual pay out on!!

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
All I wanted was my torn jacket, buckled wheel and broken light replaced . Wasn't about the compo.

I look forward to the feedback questionnaire I am bound to get !

vickster

Legendary Member
All I wanted was my torn jacket, buckled wheel and broken light replaced . Wasn't about the compo.

Might explain why SG didn't put themselves out, no big payday :sad: I assumed you were also seeking redress for your injuries

toontra

Veteran

That may be the problem. That's all I wanted as well, repair of bike and clothing, but soon found out that SG would only be interested if there was personal injury involved, so I took pics of my bruising & had to go for a check-up with one of their medics. Don't have to have broken bones to get injury payments.

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
Might explain why SG didn't put themselves out, no big payday :sad: I assumed you were also seeking redress for your injuries
They were claiming for PI , but I wasn't bothered about that. What I got was going to RNLI anyway as it means others might be helped from a nobbers idiocy .

Top Bottom