Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Parkrun in Trondheim was cancelled this morning due to ice so went for a run along the waterfront where the paths were clearer. Still some ice in places but were easily avoided.

Chislenko

Veteran
So Parkrunners.

People have (believe it not) called me a miserable so and so in the past but I have a few gripes about Parkrun and wondered if I was alone.

1. Dogs. (Trip Hazard)
2. Go Chairs. (Paths are not wide enough to accommodate and someone usually ends up with a clipped heel)
3. The stop start runners who invariably stop and start directly in front of me.
4. Posers who because they have finished quickly decide to run back up the course directly into the path of us slower runners who are still trying to get to the finish line. (Furthermore they usually utter some patronising comment like "great running" Smug bas--rds.

Tenkaykev

Guru
-
So Parkrunners.

People have (believe it not) called me a miserable so and so in the past but I have a few gripes about Parkrun and wondered if I was alone.

1. Dogs. (Trip Hazard)
2. Go Chairs. (Paths are not wide enough to accommodate and someone usually ends up with a clipped heel)
3. The stop start runners who invariably stop and start directly in front of me.
4. Posers who because they have finished quickly decide to run back up the course directly into the path of us slower runners who are still trying to get to the finish line. (Furthermore they usually utter some patronising comment like "great running" Smug bas--rds.
It's a run not a race, it's free, it's all inclusive. Agree that the dogs on a short lead should be more rigorously enforced. Buggies are ok, I start well towards the back and the buggies are all in front of me so it's easy to navigate past them. I have been up the sharp end but am very much bringing up the rear. Sometimes a few runners doing a cooldown will pass me coming the other way, many of them I know, they're not necessarily being "smug " just generally encouraging. If they are genuinely obstructing the flow of runners out on the course have a word with the run director who will almost certainly make an announcement at the next parkruns. Above all volunteer for one of the many roles, they're fun and you get to meet the other volunteers and get to appreciate just how much work and organisation goes into your weekly free running event.

Venod

Eh up
It's a run not a race
It may not be listed as a race, but for the people up front it's very much a race, but these runners shouldn't be bothered by buggies etc, the last park run I did I was passed by someone pushing a buggy, it didn't bother me I was in awe at the speed he was pushing it.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
It may not be listed as a race, but for the people up front it's very much a race, but these runners shouldn't be bothered by buggies etc, the last park run I did I was passed by someone pushing a buggy, it didn't bother me I was in awe at the speed he was pushing it.

A mate of mine regularly does sub-19 runs while pushing his daughter…🤪

stephec

Legendary Member

A bloke at our local parkrun used to do around 19 to 20 minutes pushing a buggy, then one Christmas he turned up with a mate and they ran a low twenties dressed as a pantomime horse. 😂

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
A mate of mine has done a long '21' like this:
1705504386904.png

Top Bottom