Are you a bike snob?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I only wave to proper cyclists. If your wearing Aldi or Lidl your a peasant and shouldn't be on the road. In fact you should be out sweeping the road in front of me to make sure there's no debris to damage my tyres. If your wearing DHB,Shutt or Castelli I'll grudgingly wave. If your wearing Assos your going to fast to wave at, and of course if your wearing Rapha (why wouldn't you) I'll wave at you like I'm waving at a lifetime friend.

Last edited:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
How has Rolf Harris hacked into Pat's account? :biggrin:
One day I'll understand why comments about paedophilia are considered funny.

compo

Veteran
I only wave to proper cyclists. If your wearing Aldi or Lidl your a peasant and shouldn't be on the road. In fact you should be out sweeping the road in front of me to make sure there's no debris to damage my tyres. If your wearing DHB,Shutt or Castelli I'll grudgingly wave. If your wearing Assos your going to fast to wave at, and of course if your wearing Rapha (why wouldn't you) I'll wave at you like waving at a lifetime friend.

i wonder where that leaves the real peasants in Sports Direct and Muddy Fox gear. See quite a few of those big bright orange tops predominately on persons of a larger size, including me! It is a pity some of the other manufacturers can't look out of their office windows and see how many fatties are riding past and begin to cater a l bit for them.

stephec

Legendary Member
i wonder where that leaves the real peasants in Sports Direct and Muddy Fox gear. See quite a few of those big bright orange tops predominately on persons of a larger size, including me! It is a pity some of the other manufacturers can't look out of their office windows and see how many fatties are riding past and begin to cater a l bit for them.
Wasn't there something on Dragon's Den? :smile:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
They are the ones riding Triban's and Boardman bikes

OY! That's me... (but without the Lidl clothing) :laugh:

Despite being a road bike rider most of the time, I enjoy confusing others by giving them cheery greetings while riding a knobbly tyred, front suspension equipped hybrid and wearing "normal" clothing occasionally.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
OY! That's me... (but without the Lidl clothing)

Despite being a road bike rider most of the time, I enjoy confusing others by giving them cheery greetings while riding a knobbly tyred, front suspension equipped hybrid and wearing "normal" clothing occasionally.

lol, don't worry, I'm just having some fun.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Sorry Ian - forgot to include the smiley - post will be edited :smile:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yesterday, a cyclist who'd just climbed over the St Bernard pass gave me a nod and I wasn't even on a bike.

Meanwhile, this sentence made me laugh:
''Then my boyfriend invited me along for a 15 mile ride with him on his vintage road racer (Moser). Suddenly I knew I had to have a new bike if I was going to a) keep up b) have children.''

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Yesterday, a cyclist who'd just climbed over the St Bernard pass gave me a nod and I wasn't even on a bike.

''Then my boyfriend invited me along for a 15 mile ride with him on his vintage road racer (Moser). Suddenly I knew I had to have a new bike if I was going to a) keep up b) have children.''
Yeah, initially I read that as something to do with the seat, but now I'm just wondering if the boyfriend is very judgemental... :-)

Hyslop

Veteran
[QUOTE=" a bike.

''Then my boyfriend invited me along for a 15 mile ride with him on his vintage road racer (Moser). Suddenly I knew I had to have a new bike if I was going to a) keep up b) have children.''[/QUOTE] That had me a bit puzzled too I must say,I did wonder if theres something that I have fundamentally misunderstood,although I did a cycling proficiency test at school and got a badge and pendant,I dont recall anything of adult content in the lessons.Maybe I just didnt get through to the advanced stage.

Top Bottom