Bike snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Generally I find it is when they (those on road bikes) are in groups they ignore you. The bigger the group the more likely they are to look down their nose at you. Pathetic, even had them shout at me to get out of the way?
Well, you shouldn't get in the way.

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
I must just add I honestly wasnt trolling with my op, I just can't believe the attitudes of a small minority of cyclists.
Ref. the Btwin rider, it was just the way he looked at my bike then looked at me.

I shall refrain from commenting about those who overtake, then pull right in on your front wheel and slow down now!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I must just add I honestly wasnt trolling with my op, I just can't believe the attitudes of a small minority of cyclists.
Ref. the Btwin rider, it was just the way he looked at my bike then looked at me.

I shall refrain from commenting about those who overtake, then pull right in on your front wheel and slow down now!

Hey we're only playing with you.. It's a subject that comes up on a very regular basis.. hence the Ker-ching.

Just ignore it, don't let it upset you. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter if people say hello or not. It certainly shouldn't spoil your own ride.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

I don't think anyone thought that you were trolling. It's just that it's a perennial thread topic and we even have our own Kerchingmeister who puts a penny in the pot whenever it pops up. I will add that I've twice ridden by said Kerchingmeister and he hasn't even seen me. He's dead friendly off a bike though...

Top Bottom