Black Friday then it'll soon be Mad Friday!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
People buying things they don't need.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm a bit worried for Mrs Accy and our daughter.Mrs Accy works on the customer service desk at Asda and junior has a temp Christmas job at Argos.Both are on the front line having to deal with "why the effin hell have you sold ;'em all? you ~@!#" types.:sad: my wife is used to it but the 17 year old daughter's a bit nervous especially as a fellow worker there told her that last year some scumball threateningly said he'd wait for them outside,all because they'd sold out of everything he wanted!

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Sorry but why would she buy everything that she's already bought again & how does that mean she can re-coup anything, are you taking back everything she bought before?

No need to apologise :tongue:

No, but she might. Myself, I can't be bothered with all of that, but her, she's excuciatingly bargain orientated. It kind of goes like this...think of something you want then research it for days on end, looking for the best version of what you want. Then spend days on end looking for the best price and once satisfied, order. Then spend the next few days until it arrives (sometimes not even opening the thing once it has arrived, so she can spend more days monitoring prices) monitoring prices and if she finds it at a lower price, she'll buy it again and send the original version back. I do find this all so very annoying, but I have many hobbies to keep me away from her at these times and the money she saves us enables further purchases for her or the kids, while I keep myself as posession free as possible (I prefer a modest, hassle free life).

bluecycle64

Oh dear I used to work for Currys many years ago and christmas was a nightmare, then you had to get ready for the January sales. Some people think because you work in a shop your there for all their abuse. Glad I got out

I placed an order on the M&S website around 7am this morning and it was already saying it was very busy and any postal orders would be delayed....
I placed the order because I needed some new T-Shirts to wear. my existing stuff is way too big and at the moment, not being active I am loosing weight (natural steroid issues) and had needed some new tops for a while, just not gotten around to doing anything about it.

BigAl68

Über Member
In and out in ten minutes. 501s for fourty pounds.

I have just got to Bath train station to go to Bristol for some beers and the number of people who just poured out of the inter city to hit the shops and Christmas market shocked me.

Watching people on telly cramming into their local branch of Asda/Tesco or whatever in order to buy an new TV (which they probably don't need and probably can't really afford) just because it's on discount is like watching Idiocracy come to life....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Mind you, indirectly, all of this shopping madness pays my wages, as I work for the UK's largest payment provider :smile:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I cannot do crowds, people and pushing@shoving at the best of times. If i were cought up in some of the scenes i have seen on the news id either have a massive panic attack and go into meltdown, or id stab someone.
Im shopping online, if at all. People are stupid :smile:

stephec

Legendary Member
I cannot do crowds, people and pushing@shoving at the best of times. If i were cought up in some of the scenes i have seen on the news id either have a massive panic attack and go into meltdown, or id stab someone.
Im shopping online, if at all. People are stupid :smile:
My little girl gets a bit nervous when she's in that kind of situation.

If we end up in something like that it means I usually end up being just as aggresive trying to look after her.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
We've decided to visit our local electrical store to get said dishwasher. It's a small family business and may cost us £40 more but there's no queue, no fighting and they're really friendly. Worth the extra money to my mind.

Same here if I needed a new dishwasher. It might be £40 more, but they would deliver it at a convenient time, install it, take away the old one, and all the packaging.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Bit of a shock this morning, eldest was up very early, I don't know when, but coming home at 6am, followed by some banging and thumping. So the upstairs hallway now has two small bookcases in it that had previously sat at the back of his desk. He's gone to work now so I had a nose in his room to see what he'd bought...bearing in mind he already has twin flatscreen monitors on his desk.........yep he has added a 50" flat screen tv.

No he has nowhere near a large enough room for a 50", though I'm maybe old fashioned as I think that would be too large for any room in the house.

I don't know if I even want to ask as I doubt the answer will be enlightening or even make any sense.

Top Bottom