Black Friday then it'll soon be Mad Friday!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
we went to the local independent and got a new fridge as the door fell off the 25yr old one last night and was the latest thing in line of failures. hope the new one lasts as long as the old one

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
Vid here: idiots fighting over crap they don't meed. I'm glad most of these things are off my radar.
I need a new TV, but I wouldn't fight for one at midnight in a supermarket.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02cysls

I've seen videos of starving people in Africa being distributed food or water showing more restraint than this. Shameful.
That guy walking off with his TV at 33 seconds reminds me of a lion pulling away his kill, ready to defend his prey with his life if he has to.
Just what are we doing with a Black Friday anyway? I can't imagine the US going through a firework buying frenzy on 5th November.

Jimmy Doug

Doesn't this photo remind you of something?

_79361316_024904725-1.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've seen videos of starving people in Africa being distributed food or water showing more restraint than this. Shameful.
That guy walking off with his TV at 33 seconds reminds me of a lion pulling away his kill, ready to defend his prey with his life if he has to.
Just what are we doing with a Black Friday anyway? I can't imagine the US going through a firework buying frenzy on 5th November.
I agree. There's an awful lot of farking thick people in this country, and consumerism panders to thickness.
I come form that sort of background. My parents might have been those fighting for tellies (well, my mum, not my dad, but he'd have held the trolley). But I'd have been sitting on top of a nearby shelf spouting politics and philosophy at them. :thumbsup:

Jimmy Doug

There's an awful lot of farking thick people in this country
It's the same here too. Black Friday has come to France this year, and it's not even called vendredi noir for heaven's sake:

Screenshot from 2014-11-28 14:45:22.png

Bah humbug right enough! Roll on January 2nd :cheers:.

Yup, time to break out the tee shirt. And I actually do have a 'Bah Humbug' one. Hmm.. maybe Christmas avatar.

Anyway what happened to camping out in front of a department store for days before the January sales started? Or are we going to be treated to similar scenes then?

Brandane

Legendary Member
I had a (now thankfully ex) girlfriend who prided herself in being a bit of a bargain seeker. I have terrible memories of her and her like-minded twin sister dragging me to the "Next" boxing day sale in Glasgow on boxing day 2000. We just HAD to be there for the doors opening at 5am. So Christmas night was an anti-social affair as I had to play at obliging chauffeur at 4am.. I was so "Christmas crackered" that I decided to carry on with my sleep in the car while they went off and fought the crowds. They duly returned about 2 hours later with a few pieces of tat, having saved a few quid which I would have gladly given them for the sake of a more pleasant Christmas night followed by a lie-in.

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3400680, member: 259"]Just booked two flights to Malaysia (which we were going to get anyway) at a knock-down price, but I think I'll hide the credit card now. :whistle:[/QUOTE]
Penang? Was there as a boy in the Merchant navy and keep promising myself a return visit.

Top Bottom