Black Friday then it'll soon be Mad Friday!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
I had a brief look at the John Lewis website then decided it was more interesting on here:whistle:. I don't want to buy stuff just because I think it's a bargain, only if it is something I need.
i looked on the internet and it was very slow, i did buy a gift from john lewis eventually, only £30 off a £320 gift so not worth fighting over but a nice reduction for the sake of ten minutes or so on the internet

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
It's still going on this morning - queuing outside Asda before 8 a.m. - and it's supposed to be 24 hour opening so I don't know if they've been there all night.

I turned around and headed to Morrisons for groceries instead. No queues and an extra mile or so on my ride so a bonus all round!

stephec

Legendary Member
I went to Aldi last night for some eggs.

Price on the shelf said £1.25, when scanned at the till they came up as £1.00.

If I'd have known that was going to happen I'd have emptied the shelf. :biggrin:

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Too funny :laugh:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-box-on-Black-Friday-30000-people-buy-it.html

Retailer sells cow poo in a box on Black Friday - 30,000 people buy it - How frenzied were Black Friday shoppers? Frenzied enough to panic buy poo for $6 a pop

To be completely sure shoppers knew exactly what they were getting, the company displayed the following FAQs alongside the item:

Is this actually poop? Yes.
Is it also something that’s not poop? No.
Can I return it when I realize that it’s actually just poop? No.

stephec

Legendary Member
No matter what, in that situation you still have to accept responsiblity for your own actions.

Nobody forced him to turn up at the shop and try and jump the queue.

Top Bottom