Bleak Mid Winter CC Ride - London Sat 24th Jan.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aperitif said:
So.
Bums! I got to the London Eye and missed the group.

axcvvt.jpg

That's a bloody big wheel you've got on that bike.

Radius

SHREDDER
djtheglove said:
No in all seriosness, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone, having some social intercourse, and some decent exercise thrown in.
I honestly misread that the first time :smile:

Oh and Dom I was not peeling off with a break away group on purpose, it's just the confusion of communication whilst huffing and puffing along!
Oh come on, yes we were :biggrin: :biggrin: (joke, but it was nice to give the new bike a bit of the old acceleration to see if I could keep up....)

djtheglove said:
Radius that's just showing off with that photo of your bike!;)

I hope your mum did'nt give you a severe beating when you got home and she noticed you where paralitic!:biggrin:

Yes it is :biggrin:, and no, she was out :biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
Dayvo said:
There is a threat that I'll be in Brentwood about that time. Should have the clothing, just a lack of a bike could be a problem! ;)

Could just have a marathon cake stop, instead, though!

Davyo, you are welcome to use one of my bikes. It depends on the weather what I will be using. Nice weather, then the road bike will come out. Which would leave my hybrid, a full sized folder (actually pretty good, even for long rides) or the Brompton. Poor weather and I'll be on the full sized folder but you are welcome to the hybrid. It's a bit old but it shifts ok. Has no mudguards tho'. Depends how big you are as well. Most of my bikes will fit someone up to 6' 2" or thereabouts. Just let me know if you're interested. :sad:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Radius, you're setting the standard for the next London ride, where are we going?;)

Radius

SHREDDER
tdr1nka said:
Radius, you're setting the standard for the next London ride, where are we going?;)

Most likely Soho if we're going by what we now know the 'stragglers' were really doing :sad:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I thought we back markers represented the 'mixed ability' part of the ride with grave dignity.:sad:

Coaxing Sittingduck to the top of Westwood Hill was a real 'Chariot's Of Fire' bond building moment. And you missed it.;) :smile:

Radius

SHREDDER
tdr1nka said:
I thought we back markers represented the 'mixed ability' part of the ride with grave dignity.:biggrin:

Coaxing Sittingduck to the top of Westwood Hill was a real 'Chariot's Of Fire' bond building moment. And you missed it.;) :biggrin:

I don't think it had anything to do with ability, and everyone performed admirably on that hill too! I would simply be lying if I pretended to have any ability...
And as for the bonding, I was sitting behind Gersch (sp? I guessed the German way but I know it's probably not a German name :biggrin:), silently chuckling at the fixed gear pain. That's bonding.... :smile:
and anyway, when my trousers tore and the elastic started to wrap round the pedal, it became more like bondage :wacko: :biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
tdr1nka said:
WTG Chris, Dayvo will have no excuses now!

BTW, shouldn't your sig line now be 'Exit Stage Left'?
Although I do see a 'Tom Sawyer' connection in your current sig.;):wacko:

Er, probably tdr1nka! Mark Twain connection entirely coincidental I assure you. :biggrin:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Radius said:
.......anyway, when my trousers tore and the elastic started to wrap round the pedal, it became more like bondage :biggrin: :biggrin:

Is that when you'd stopped near the top?

A rogue shoelace get me like that once, tied my foot to the pedal.:wacko:
I had a clipless moment five years before I even had my first SPD's.;)

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
It was good to meet you all, I had a great time.
Maybe the we should have a whistle for the last person to warn when the group is splitting like for red light/mechanical what do you think?

Top Bottom