Bloody Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's been non stop wind all year and today the weather bas....forecasters got it wrong. Again. It lashed down my whole way round and I came home dripping wet and freezing cold. In August!

OP
OP
Spike on a bike

Spike on a bike

Über Member
Been nice n warm here but not sunny
Went to work in the car today as I needed to collect my work clothes for wash

Thought about going out this afternoon but apparently we're going shopping and then out to tea

Not often the OH is awake this early on a Saturday as she works nights n Saturday's are sleep catch up day but she has been on some course or other so has been back to realty since Thursday

Nice to see her tho

Brandane

Legendary Member
I know its absurd but I actually feel almost angry..........as though I personally am being robbed of a summer:wacko:

I know that feeling. I can just about handle all the wind and rain we have to suffer over the winter, as long as we get some good weather in the summer. Recent summers have been disappointing, but this one really takes the biscuit - it's been like winter but with some extra daylight hours. Absolute cack. It actually probably cost Alpine Bikes in Glasgow a sale today, on a Genesis Croix de Fer 20. I've been wanting one for a long time, and saw it on sale today, reduced from £1200 to £950. I was very tempted at first, but managed to have a word with myself and decided "WTF is the point?". If we were in the middle of a good summer I would have probably gone for it; but then if we were in the middle of a good summer they probably wouldn't be having to discount bikes to try and shift them!

Julia9054

Guru
Got drenched this afternoon.
All I did was pop up to town on my bike to get something to cook for tea. 1.5 miles!
Left the house in blazing sunshine, got home drenched through to my underwear!

Stu Smith

Veteran
Its always a nice day in Blackburn'ish

Colne and Accy to close to Burnley for any decent weather.. :evil:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Managed to drive up to the South Lakes and back before 11am to collect my son from his Adventure Break with Diabetes UK. Then started the washing.

Cut the lawns, washed the fixed commuter bike, washed two cars, got a food shop in, finished all washing. Then it lashed it down all afternoon !!!!!!!

Spent the afternoon watching Tour Highlights and a few beers. Also watched 'Watts Zap" Tour highlights (comedy moments to music) which is entertaining.

No bike ride... Wife due home tomorrow from Spain.

User269

We got back from 3 weeks in the Alps and Provence 4 weeks ago. The final week especially was far too hot. I'm glad to be home and enjoying the cooler weather and the lack of flies. And not having to set off at 7am and ride up the nearest available mountain in order to keep cool. The odd rain showers give me the excuse not to do any gardening on my rest days.
I'm never going on holiday again. Except to Mallorca in October.

Top Bottom