Bloody Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Windy? I'll say. Not been a suitable day to fly my models this year - all scale and need the right conditions. Not usually a problem, but been very few lightish W or SW winds this year it seems - lots of breezy, or N or S, but not much in the prevailing W or SW direction less than 10mph.

Not stopped me cycling, but when you keep a weather eye open for model flying conditions you notice how windy it's been so far this year. Hoping (forlornly) for an Indian Summer.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What a lovely day for commuting in London/South east. Got to love this continual good, warm, sunny weather. Makes cycling so brilliant... oh yes, it's looking like more of the same for at least another week.

Keep cycling & smiling everyone..:okay::sun:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What a lovely day for commuting in London/South east. Got to love this continual good, warm, sunny weather. Makes cycling so brilliant... oh yes, it's looking like more of the same for at least another week.

I had a couple of swims in the sea at Deal, off the east coast of Kent last week. Luvverly:okay:

Hyslop

Veteran
Another day of summer today; high winds and overcast with periods of rain, and cold. Tomorrow less windy but heavy rain forecast. When are we going to see anything resembling summer in this sodden, grey, windy, cold (not "COOL", please, BBC weather presenter) place?
No wonder cycling is very much a minority pastime in these parts, and normal people think we are nuts. I'm beginning to agree with them! Totally scunnered (good Scottish word there!) with the weather this year; the wind has hardly let up at all in 2015, as well as the rain. Please make it GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!! :cursing:
Well said,couldnt have put it better,and as for the odd phrases used by BBC Weather presenters,rain"flirting"with Irish Sea coasts is just plain wrong.The rain and wind here are in a full blown and on going relationship!

Brandane

Legendary Member

GIRUY; as they say in parts of the wet and windy non south eastern parts of these islands! :okay:
Oh, and it'll take a lot more than some nice sunny weather to make for brilliant cycling .... in LONDON :ohmy:.

Mandragora

Windy and depressing here. Again. Ride planned for tomorrow. I WILL go. Fed up of finding "useful" things to do in the house.

Top Bottom