Calling all Nexus 7 owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have both models of the Nexus 7 - one personal and one business - and both have updated to 5.0.2 without problems other than this one.

AVG scan on the 2013 model now reports "Device Provisioner" is malware. The research I've done suggest this is a false positive. Two questions:

What is the Device Provisioner? It seems to be a system app, what does it do?

Anyone found a solution for this minor irritation every time my scan runs?

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I have struggled with the Lollipop update on my 2012 Nexus 7 for ages, sluggish performance overall and I was mainly using it as a glorified ebook reader. Over the last two weeks after a few updated Google apps it seemed to get a lot faster opening up apps and in general responsiveness but this morning there was a new update signalled, Lollipop 5.1. It just finished installing and I'll have a poke around now but the first signs are extremely positive and it seems to have regained the early days snap.

D

Deleted member 26715

Let's hope it's waiting for me when I get home, mine is almost getting to the point of unusability,

D

Deleted member 26715

I hope you fair better with yours than the one I now use as a doorstop

I must be whatever the opposite of a power user - My Nexus 7 has updated two or three times and Ive not noticed any difference - and as I can see 5.1 is just more of the same

D

Deleted member 26715

Can you swap between open apps, does it open Facebook (spit) ?

D

Deleted member 26715

Mine is now a doorstop & I'm looking to replace it

Top Bottom