CC Anniversary Ride, Richmond Park/Brighton to Box Hill, 28 Nov 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
Don't be put off by Box Hill Helen. You may find that some of us....ok maybe just me, will need to walk up some of it :biggrin:

But it will be one more notch in your seatpost, and I've heard there's an excellent cafe at the top. Then you get to go down the other side.

I've just seen some videos of BH and there's a few points where you'll probably catch people up as they gasp for breath. Again this will probably just be me :biggrin:

There's plans of 2 groups attacking Box Hill from different directions. There's the main CC ride from Richmond Park, and the FNRttCers coming up from Brighton.

Hopefully we'll all meet at the bottom of the slope and ascend together. Tea and cakes at the top before heading back to Richmond for more cake ;)

As a member of the inaugural Southern CC ride, you are oblidge to attend anyway :biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
CofG has also mentioned he may be doing a recce ride, so he can find the best way up :biggrin:

Let me know when/if you plan on doing a recce CofG. I will probably be up for joining you. I need all the training I can get after having a month + off the bike.

redjedi

Über Member
Flying Dodo said:
Yes, but you should also click on the gradient button - only 1 hill above 10%, so really it's all very easy...........

And that's in Richmond Park, so the hard bit will be out of the way early.

There's quite a few showing interest over in the FNRttC thread. I just hope the hill's ready for us.

redjedi

Über Member
And now for the important part, where to stop for lunch ;)

I've heard there's a cafe on the top of BH. or we could make our way back down to one of the locals.

These caught my eye

The Stepping Stones

Chequers

Friday Nighters may prefer one of these options.

redjedi

Über Member
And what are your plans User. I see you were the first name on the Brighton ride, who's going to lead the Richmond lot to Box Hill?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Yeah I will be there. I shall be driving so if anyone has any ideas for somewhere safe / cheap to park the car that would be good ta

mike e

Where's this pub your going to end up at? I fear another pub no-show based on an early departure from KX at 16:30

Or perhaps not....

Depart Brighton, say 9am, at Box Hill say 1pm, 1/2 hour stop 1.30pm another hour to pub 2.30pm, an hour in the pub 3.30pm leaves an hour to KX...:biggrin:

All of the above is based on not having a clue where were riding, with who, what the weather might be like so the above timings might not be 100% accurate, they probably won't be 1% accurate...:angry:

Top Bottom