Scotland : The Highlands CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour #CONFIRMED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Any one not there for 12 will have to play catchup.
Or is that too late in the day? Would you prefer an earlier star
Can't speak for Fiona, as she's not here ^_^ but I'm quite slow, if I have any chance to see Callander by the back of 6 (there are hills :smile:) I need to leave much earlier.
I'll be wanting to take picture breaks too, and a lunch break :tongue:
I propose we all load the route on the Garmins, and you fast ones can catch me up :okay:

Somebuddy

Über Member
Are people riding mountain bikes or tourers? I've just read about the off road section at Aberfoyle to Callander. Maybe doable on a touring bike they say! And I know I could do the duke's pass to stay on road.........

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Booked 10:45 train from Inverness on the Monday. Cost £13.31 including 1st class post of tickets. ^_^

Was that booked direct with Scotrail or someone else? The online options don't have the ability to book bikes. Cheers, Mark

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Are people riding mountain bikes or tourers? I've just read about the off road section at Aberfoyle to Callander. Maybe doable on a touring bike they say! And I know I could do the duke's pass to stay on road.........

Tourer for me, CX bike for Junior Fu, but we will be coming from the East.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Hmmm ... a 'Wise Man' coming from the East ... ??? :unsure: :ohmy::ohmy:
plato109439.jpg

:okay:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Was that booked direct with Scotrail or someone else? The online options don't have the ability to book bikes. Cheers, Mark
Some of the online options do and some don't.

I used Southern Railway to book mine and there's an option for a bicycle space as you book (under the seat reservation bit). East Coast do the same I think.

I'm on the 0845 to Glasgow on the way back as there were no spaces left on the 1045 when I went to book :smile:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Some of the online options do and some don't.

I used Southern Railway to book mine and there's an option for a bicycle space as you book (under the seat reservation bit). East Coast do the same I think.

I'm on the 0845 to Glasgow on the way back as there were no spaces left on the 1045 when I went to book :smile:

Thanks for the tip! We are now booked on the 12:53 to Inverkeithing as that was the first one with bike spaces available - filling up fast folks! I used the Virgin East Coast website.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
I just booked through thetrainline.com, didn't, see any option for booking the bike so I,ll just have to take my chances.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I just booked through thetrainline.com, didn't, see any option for booking the bike so I,ll just have to take my chances.

You should be able to phone up scotrail and add a cycle reservation.

Incidentally, looks like I'll be departing Inverness heading for the Harris audax the same morning you set off from Glasgow/Edinburgh.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Sorted! Bike now booked onto the 10:45 train from Inverness. Phoned up the number for internet bookings and spoke to a very nice woman who booked the bike on the train for me. Just need to print out the ticket at the station. FYI she did say that if you book through thetrainline.com you need to phone up to book the bike. Seems a bit daft that you can’t just do it online at the same time as you book your seat, but took all of three minutes on the phone two of which were listening to recorded messages.

Top Bottom