Scotland : The Highlands CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour #CONFIRMED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Sorted! Bike now booked onto the 10:45 train from Inverness. Phoned up the number for internet bookings and spoke to a very nice woman who booked the bike on the train for me. Just need to print out the ticket at the station. FYI she did say that if you book through thetrainline.com you need to phone up to book the bike. Seems a bit daft that you can’t just do it online at the same time as you book your seat, but took all of three minutes on the phone two of which were listening to recorded messages.
Goodness, I've just read this after booking Fiona and I on the same train. Hope it takes more than 2 bikes!

bigjim

Legendary Member
Is this booked up now, or is it still possible to declare an interest?

Goodness, I've just read this after booking Fiona and I on the same train. Hope it takes more than 2 bikes!
It is usually 2 per carriage and if there are no disabled people on that carriage often 4 per carriage if the guard is friendly!
But it is worth getting your bikes booked on board...even at this late stage because if others turn up without bookings, you stand a better chance of your bikes getting to your destination with you.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Ok. It looks like I'm in. I have a cunning plan. After sussing trains and times and bike reservations. I thought I'd maybe go up the day before and have a chill before riding. It looks as if the train won't be arriving before 2pm and I've got to find my way out of Glasgow and all that. Plus will I get the bike onboard? The accomm in Glasgow looks as if it's expensive or awful. Mmm...
So. The plan. Drive up the day before to a campsite outside Glasgow. An easy run from here although long. I can take my big old tent and a camp bed and [heaven] my pillow. Plus other luxury items. Have a nice night, maybe pub meal. Nice brekkie in the morning and toddle off to the hostel. The campsite will store my car for £2 a night. Then I just have the train from Inverness to Glasgow and an easy 8 mile ride to pick the car up, or maybe another night on site.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@SatNavSaysStraightOn no fear! :heat:
Our wonder woman @flyingfifi booked our two bikes on the train today while I was at work, the last 2 bike spaces ... guess the other ones are from our group too, did not think about asking who booked what train, in a bit to stagger our departures with bikes.
@bigjim where is your campsite?

bigjim

Legendary Member
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Ok. It looks like I'm in. I have a cunning plan. After sussing trains and times and bike reservations. I thought I'd maybe go up the day before and have a chill before riding. It looks as if the train won't be arriving before 2pm and I've got to find my way out of Glasgow and all that. Plus will I get the bike onboard? The accomm in Glasgow looks as if it's expensive or awful. Mmm...
So. The plan. Drive up the day before to a campsite outside Glasgow. An easy run from here although long. I can take my big old tent and a camp bed and [heaven] my pillow. Plus other luxury items. Have a nice night, maybe pub meal. Nice brekkie in the morning and toddle off to the hostel. The campsite will store my car for £2 a night. Then I just have the train from Inverness to Glasgow and an easy 8 mile ride to pick the car up, or maybe another night on site.

Great to hear :okay:

Top Bottom