Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse Three Ferries Saturday 21st March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Do you know if they will be done by next weekend?
No, it's an on-going saga. Link. The whole pier was supposed to close last month, for the summer. For technical reasons (the supplier of the pier fenders couldn't supply, apparently!) the closure has been postponed until September; but there is still smaller scale work being done meantime.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
No, it's an on-going saga. Link. The whole pier was supposed to close last month, for the summer. For technical reasons (the supplier of the pier fenders couldn't supply, apparently!) the closure has been postponed until September; but there is still smaller scale work being done meantime.

I don't mind parking the car on the street or somewhere a bit further away, any ideas?

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't mind parking the car on the street or somewhere a bit further away, any ideas?
There are a couple of choices. There are quite a few residential streets in upper Skelmorlie. Take the first left after the entrance to Wemyss Bay caravan site (which is opposite the ferry terminal) and follow your nose up the hill. Should be a number of streets you can park in up there - the nicer streets are off to the right. Does mean a bit of a climb when returning to your car of course!

There is also a housing estate at the top of the hill in Wemyss Bay. First right after the old Inverkip power station, if you know where that was? The big chimney is away now so not much use as a landmark :wacko:. Anyway, it's the only houses you can see on the right as you start to head down the hill towards the ferry terminal. You could park in there and ride the last half mile to the Wemyss Bay pier - or go the other way towards Gourock, because that's the way you'll be heading anyway.

srj10

Guru
Spare a thought for us who will be riding to the start, and if legs are still up for it, riding back from Wemyss Bay... :crazy:
there is parking available at inverkip,sainsburys car park and also waste ground beside cafe/chip shop

Brandane

Legendary Member
Arghhhhh!!!!
WHY have I been convinced all week that this ride is TOMORROW?? :wacko:
My brain hurts, I'm away for a lie down.
Doesn't affect my avaiability in any way, but I went out this morning for some hill practice and enjoyed the ride, then got home and checked the weather for tomorrow and all was good ..... until I noticed the date, about five minutes ago. Doh, doh, doh. What a nobber :banghead:.

Top Bottom