Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse Three Ferries Saturday 21st March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
Enjoy, just don't nick my KOM :gun:

I think if he pushes himself he could go top four :whistle:. Anyways see you all there, I've just to make my mind up on noisy fast tyres or big comfy balloons :scratch:.

We may possibly have another attendee who would be getting the train but not 100% certain yet.

Plus, thanks to @Fubar putting the stupid idea into my head, instead of doing the sensible thing and taking the bike on the train, I will be riding the long, hilly way from the Carse to Glasgow this morning.
Thanks, Mark.

(Does anyone know how to get onto Sheriffmuir road from the north without getting squished on the A9?)

Fubar

Guru
We may possibly have another attendee who would be getting the train but not 100% certain yet.

Plus, thanks to @Fubar putting the stupid idea into my head, instead of doing the sensible thing and taking the bike on the train, I will be riding the long, hilly way from the Carse to Glasgow this morning.
Thanks, Mark.

(Does anyone know how to get onto Sheriffmuir road from the north without getting squished on the A9?)

You're welcome :thanks:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru

Thanks, Mark.

Good effort :okay:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I'm afraid I'm backing out. I've added up the travelling for the weekend (including the audax in York on Sunday) and it would be over 11 hours in the car. I've been trying to decide for a few days, but I just feel that's a bit much really. :sad:

I'll see everyone at the Arran ride next month :smile:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I'm afraid I'm backing out. I've added up the travelling for the weekend (including the audax in York on Sunday) and it would be over 11 hours in the car. I've been trying to decide for a few days, but I just feel that's a bit much really. :sad:

I'll see everyone at the Arran ride next month :smile:

No problem, does seem like a lot of driving :hyper:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Interested
1.Col5632
2.Telemark
3.Brandane
4.MikeW-71
5.Somebuddy
6.Harry_Palmer79
7.Edwardoka
8.ShooglyDougie
9.Louch

Out

1.Mcshroom

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hi guys, I'm afraid won't be able to make it... Work is rearing its ugly head :angry:, I need to get some stuff completed by Monday morning (about half a day's worth). An early start & late finish on Saturday would make the whole weekend really quite hard work, as Sunday is already fully booked with leading a Belles ride and having visitors, sorting out more EdFoC stuff and ...
:cry::cry::cry: I promise to do double cake next time I come along ... have fun ... the weather looks quite benign too ....
Fingers crossed I can do the work Saturday morning and then get the afternoon off and drag HJ out for a wee ride locally.

T (goes and hides in a corner :cry:)

Brandane

Legendary Member
Hi guys, I'm afraid won't be able to make it... Work is rearing its ugly head :angry:, I need to get some stuff completed by Monday morning (about half a day's worth). An early start & late finish on Saturday would make the whole weekend really quite hard work, as Sunday is already fully booked with leading a Belles ride and having visitors, sorting out more EdFoC stuff and ...
:cry::cry::cry: I promise to do double cake next time I come along ... have fun ... the weather looks quite benign too ....
Fingers crossed I can do the work Saturday morning and then get the afternoon off and drag HJ out for a wee ride locally.

T (goes and hides in a corner :cry:)
Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it :sad:.
I was looking forward to the usual selection of home baking to devour from somewhere far behind the leaders :hungry:.
I think this sad turn of events has just tipped the scales in favour of my non attendance; I'll leave it to the racing snakes :bicycle:.
Was out today for some more hill climbing and it isn't getting any easier anyway. Too soon after winter for me!

Somebuddy

Über Member
If those attending are all " Racing Snakes", then this is not for me. I was looking forward to it as well.
I've only been out with CC Ecosse on two occasions, this event last year which was good and Around the Tay, where I held everyone up as I was at the back and they had to wait on me. But I did enjoy that ride also.

Top Bottom