Celebrity deaths that have got to you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
We've all seen & maybe contributed to the RIP posts on here and elsewhere when someone famous dies and we have a moment of awww, sad, what a shame and then its on with our lives, but have any celeb deaths got to you more deeply and the sadness at their passing stuck with you for whatever reason?

The two that got me & I still think back on/miss the work they could have gone on to do are Phil Lynott and Douglas Adams.

First trip to London in many years soon and I intend to go and put a pencil on DA's grave at Highgate.

Mandragora

Robin Williams. Ridiculous. I don't DO sobbing over strangers, and I had no idea how much his work meant to me, but something about the man, his genius and the terrible sadness - and loss of privacy - of his death, got to me. Still does.

Many years ago I was at a concert at the Cambridge Corn Exchange
At the interval there was an announcement that Lynnrd Skynnrd had been involved in an air crash and several band members had died

The two bands then stood in silence as "Freebird" was played

There wasn't a dry eye in the house

I still can't hearthe song without remebering that night

Rick Mayal.

Herbie

Veteran
We've all seen & maybe contributed to the RIP posts on here and elsewhere when someone famous dies and we have a moment of awww, sad, what a shame and then its on with our lives, but have any celeb deaths got to you more deeply and the sadness at their passing stuck with you for whatever reason?

The two that got me & I still think back on/miss the work they could have gone on to do are Phil Lynott and Douglas Adams.

First trip to London in many years soon and I intend to go and put a pencil on DA's grave at Highgate.
e

Jane Tomlinsons passing made me very sad .....she wasn't a celebrity or a huge star but what courage she had to raise all that money when she was suffering herself..... When two of my boyhood hero's passed on i was quite upset...they are Jimmy "jinky" Johnstone the Celtic winger and Seve Ballesteros IMHO the greatest player to swing a golf club ever

Lonestar

Veteran
Dont think I will ever forget the night Tommy Cooper died.I was watching that night.

Eric Sykes as I saw him @ Kings Cross station in 1979 or somewhere around that time.

gbb

Legendary Member
From a slightly different angle, i avidly read the Sven Hassell books when i was a teenager. Tiny, the legionairre, the old un, etc etc and Porta. Most of them survived through the books despite terrible odds...yes i know its fiction, but when you REALLY get into a story, its almost real....and then in one of the last books i read, Porta, a central character was dead, killed in circumstances i can't remember now.....i was crestfallen :ohmy:...Nooooooo.
I was a teenager remember :blush:

Top Bottom