Celebrity deaths that have got to you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

None
Although they are famous i dont personally know them , it might sound hard but i lost my mother at a young age and my coping mechanism was being cold hearted .

It sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Investing emotional extremes or inventing parallelisms between yourself and any given celebrity seems ridiculous and childlike by contrast.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Investing emotional extremes or inventing parallelisms between yourself and any given celebrity seems ridiculous and childlike by contrast.

Why not though if you've invested emotion in whoever that person is and the stuff they put out; writer, painter, whatever, people can get a lot out of these things and therefore it might be that they would feel emotion when that person dies. It's doesn't have to be a 'celebrity' thing in a media sense of the word.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Geoff Hamilton (presenter of Gardeners` World). He was such a down to earth guy. Died after a heart attack on a charity bike ride. I only found out when I saw an article about him in the paper, began reading it, and then realised it was his obituary.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
"Celebrity" might be too strong a word, but I remember how upset I was when I heard the news that the late great Harry Chapin had been killed in a car crash. My wife and I had been to see him play only a few months previously, but we'd had to leave halfway through (in mid-song, in fact) because we though our firstborn was about to arrive. Turned out to be a false alarm, he was born a couple of days later, and we promised ourselves that we'd catch HC the next time he was in the UK, but it was never to be ...

Lullabelle

Banana
e

Jane Tomlinsons passing made me very sad .....she wasn't a celebrity or a huge star but what courage she had to raise all that money when she was suffering herself..... When two of my boyhood hero's passed on i was quite upset...they are Jimmy "jinky" Johnstone the Celtic winger and Seve Ballesteros IMHO the greatest player to swing a golf club ever

Jane Tomlinson yes, a very strong courageous woman.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Steve Jobs. Michael Jackson.

Not a famous person (I don't do getting upset over them dying add I didn't know them) but last week at my spinning class the instructor asked us to stop pedalling as she had some news. There had been some gossip in the club and she wanted to set the record straight. She told us that one of the other instructors the lovely bubbly, friendly chatty woman had died. I was shocked. Even worse though she'd committed suicide by hanging herself in the shed and was found by her husband. I hardly knew her but can say I was really really upset. I couldn't sleep that night for thinking about it. Terribly sad.
Sorry for posting the detail but I actually feel better for doing so.

Levo-Lon

Guru
None
Although they are famous i dont personally know them , it might sound hard but i lost my mother at a young age and my coping mechanism was being cold hearted .

same here, never really got the big florrist shopping lark..
I cant get upset about a person i dont know..shame their time has come but thats it

Top Bottom