Celebrity deaths that have got to you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Think theres a big difference in watching someone die ,and hearing on the news mind..

Sic's death in moto gp was awfull as were a few others..hearing Val Dunican died was a well he had a good life

... felt sorry for the two boys losing their mother so young.
They both still had their fathers to turn to...

swansonj

Guru
I was not in any way emotionally affected by his death ... but a death that I regret was Stieg Larssen. I think Lisbet Salander is a genuinely interesting creation and I would have loved to know how he planned for her character to develop in further books.

Dayvo

just passin' through
Pete Duel (from Alias Smith & Jones).

Me and my brother were big fans of the program (we took it in turns to be either Smith or Jones when playing in the garden) and where very upset when the news was announced on TV. He was only 31 and apparently committed suicide .

Since then, I've not felt one way or the other apart from to say that it's always sad when someone in the public eye (particularly actors, with whom you feel you know: Ronnie Barker, Eric Morecambe etc.) kicks the bucket.

byegad

Legendary Member
Celebrities from the past? I mourn them.

Modern "celebrities"??? The more dead the better!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Frank Zappa's death made me sad.
I was a much bigger Zappa fan then then I am now and lived in a shared house full of Zappa fans. We must have spent two or three hours debating which Zappa track we'd listen to first, and eventually settled on Watermelon.

John Peel. The nation really did loose him far too soon.

It's not particularly celebrity I find. Some deaths make me sad as there's some connection, empathy if you like, others because they're tragic. Any young life ending tends to make me sad. Celebrity of course if there's some investment. Strangely I found no connection with the Diana death, the reaction left me surprised, even if I understood its reasons and felt sorry for the two boys losing their mother so young.

I don't think the term celebrity is the right term here. The pity, the sympathy and grief surrounding Diana was because she was a victim of adultery, made an outcast by members of her extended family and died in the prime of her life in a horrific manner. And the fact that she fought back and took on the establishment and they blinked and yet was the most popular royal member after Anne to carry out Royal duties says something. History has shown that the wife of royal heir is always cast aside, kept in the shadows till death occurs. She was not prepared to accept it.

It took all of 24hrs for the Cabinet to realise that they had a crisis if they did nothing and the Queen was then strong armed into moving her royal butt. That pressure came from society as a whole and they did it for the 2 young boys who lost their mother. We would have done the same for any other mother in a similar situation. A sad story.

Top Bottom