Celebrity deaths that have got to you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bill Shankly - John Peel's last record that night was Gerry & The Pacemakers YNWA

1724__0841__bs4_970X582.jpg

Lullabelle

Banana
I was touched by Christopher Reeves death. He was wrongly advised and ended up paralysed. He didn't give up and eventually was able to move a little, his passing was cruel. It is the brave fighters who touch me.

RitchieJoe

Heath Ledger - after seeing his genius and captivating performance as the joker it was a shame to see his light go out.

Robin Williams - I don't really need to say anything here

Freddie Mercury - He died the year I was born and It's a shame I never had the chance to watch him perform live.

James Gandolfini - Mr tony soprano.... 51 years is no age to die but whilst I don't mean to speak ill of the dead he wasn't a picture of health.

Paul Walker - Loved the fast and furious series, another young life taken

RitchieJoe

Robin Williams. Ridiculous. I don't DO sobbing over strangers, and I had no idea how much his work meant to me, but something about the man, his genius and the terrible sadness - and loss of privacy - of his death, got to me. Still does.

He was practically a baby sitter for young children, I used to sit and repeatedly watch mrs doubtfire and his other films. The most poignant thing about his death for me was that he was essentially a sad clown and I don't mean that in a derogatory way...... but the poor man was smiling on the outside and crying on the inside. He brought so much joy to the world.... such a tragedy. I'm going to stop there as someone has started chopping onions at the side of me

Mattonsea

Über Member
Bloody farmers....you just can't trust them.
Yes ,tricky gits, he had a long term game plan. :wub:

SD1

From a slightly different angle, i avidly read the Sven Hassell books when i was a teenager. Tiny, the legionairre, the old un, etc etc and Porta. Most of them survived through the books despite terrible odds...yes i know its fiction, but when you REALLY get into a story, its almost real....and then in one of the last books i read, Porta, a central character was dead, killed in circumstances i can't remember now.....i was crestfallen :ohmy:...Nooooooo.
I was a teenager remember :blush:
Were you in the forces?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
The only 'celebrity' death I've ever shed a tear about wasn't really famous nationally, but a truly lovely bloke on Radio Norfolk of all things - for many years, the 'voice of Carrow Road', Roy Waller. I pretty much grew up listening to dear old Roy, one of the funniest guys I've ever heard on the radio. He died in 2010.

I thought about him a lot when I was at Wembley the other week watching Norwich gain promotion to the Premier League. He'd have been looking down with a big old smile.

SD1

Bert Weedon. I always used his name when I was beating but the game keeper said he's died and the owner of the shoot says you can't use his name anymore. Who the f*ck was he, I was just using a random name!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom