Chiltern Hundreds CC Ride 7 June 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think that just leaves Chonker unaccounted for.

Thanks everyone for trying. Just goes to show, a week in cycling is a long time, weatherwise, in 'flaming June'.

I'll see if the ride can be slotted in a vacant month in the schedule later in the year. Also, when the weather turns again I can look to do an ad hoc run through it pretty much anytime, even a weekday.

B&D

Peter

oh dear, is anyone riding. i'm here all by my lonesome at Datchet

Peter

well at least i get a 42 miler today. i left home 6;30 and no rain so far. roads are though.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Sorry Peter that we left you on your lonesome in Datchet!

I was looking forward to a 50 miler but will have to make do with a couple of pootles around home. Some ominous black clouds are now apparent through the window, although prior to this it's seemed fairly dry at home.

Chonker

Veteran
'tis properly hammering it down here (I'm 15miles east of watford) so I'm kinda glad it's called off. Shame though as I've been saving my legs for this ride so havn't done the mileage I otherwise would have this week :wacko:

...just guesstimating...:wacko:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I climbed it as part of the Stonehenge run a couple of weeks back. Strongly recommend adding a waypoint at the top. Then just sit in a low gear, winch your way up and watch the metres to next waypoint count down.

According to my tracklog, the highest point is at:
N 50º 54.027'
W 00º 06.296'

If you're feeling a little more analogue, the coordinates above are always just round the next corner, or the one after that.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi all just got back home.
When I left this morning the weather wast just a little damp. I chose to ride my GT with the race blades rather then the Roubiax, turns out a wise choice. It was an absolute pleasure riding in SE London at 6am on a sunday morning, no traffic, it was delightful. Aboout 5 miles in it started to rain.. and rain it did, the heavens opened with all they could muster, the heaviest rain, thunder & lightning, I was at Dulwich about 12 miles in and needed shelter, saw a bus shelter, so turned in for that and must have hit a drain or oil and my bike slipped from under me. Whacked my knee and fell on my wrist. Called SD to let him know I was bailing just as a huge lightning bolt and thunder clap hit somewhere which we both heard simultaneously. So sat under the bus shelter for 5 minutes texting Helen and Katie. The rain was still very heavy. Planned on cycling to work in greenwich to dry out. Passed West Dulwich station, had a 50 minute wait for a train to home, but was under shelter so decided to wait. The heavy rain continued for another 40 minutes. Am now home, dried out, & a nice cup of tea.. and would you believe it the sun is bloody shining. Bit of a sore wrist and a cut knee which means I should get a nice 'naughty boy' scab I can pick later. So sorry chaps, tried to get there, was so looking forward to this.
Formula 1 and Cricket instead for me today..

Top Bottom