Chiltern Hundreds CC Ride 7 June 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I did think about that option AH. Theres a direct train at 08:35 but Metcheck suggests it will be rain all day in the Watford area - which means the Globe with an un-broken in Brooks. Plus I fitted spanking new tyres to it Yesterday, that ideally I don't want the first ride on to be a wet one :wacko:

Hell, it's stair-rodding here, and squally. No apologies needed, hope there's no-one else out there risking it in these conditions. Forecast looks solid yeeugh this side of midday.
Final decision is between each man/woman and his/her conscience/waterproofs. Just let me know here if you can.

B&D

redjedi

Über Member
:wacko:

Just got out the shower to find text a plenty waiting for me.

Thunder and lightening overhead, and severe weather warnings from the Met Office.

With a rider already down, I think I will take a rain cheque on this one also.

redjedi

Über Member
Auntie Helen said:
It seems to me the current list of still possible is as follows:

bleakanddivine
Aperitif
User3143
topcat1
Katie (YACF)
Burak
Chonker
palinurus
Tante Helen

I don't think Burak will be there as he is Ian's friend and was coming with him.

The thunder and lightening has passed, but it's still heavy rain. I believe it's heading north, so you will be getting the light show shortly.

AH - the weather all through London is pants. Thunder and L at 05.45 - beautiful but too dangerous for me on my black bike - the blue one took a pasting on Friday night and Saturday - it carried on creaking even though I had dismounted!
Text from MacB, which I guess means Peter also, that they will not be en route...
Lousy weather break B&D :wacko:

redjedi

Über Member
:biggrin:

When the Garminator backs out of a ride, you know it must be bad.

What happened on Friday Aperitif?

It's a shame this wasn't last weekend, bad timing weather :wacko:

redjedi said:
I don't think Burak will be there as he is Ian's friend and was coming with him.

User3143 was going to PM this morning if he could make it, so I am assuming not. palinurus wasn't a clear definite. They are both very local anyway. Is Ian in contact with Katie?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I'm out, i haven't got the skill to be riding up and down hills in the wet.
B&G any chance of doing this ride again at a later date?

redjedi said:
:biggrin:

When the Garminator backs out of a ride, you know it must be bad.

What happened on Friday Aperitif?

It's a shame this wasn't last weekend, bad timing weather :wacko:

Why, I sat on my bike and tootled off to the one and only Hyde Park Corner old chap...whacked a pothole in the approach to Kensington...near 'MacBludgeon Point' if you remember, and developed a creaky squeaky. Saturday, further punishment accompanied with a medium sprinkling of rain in the early hours has given it a dishevelled patina - never seen my poor bike looking so dirty:sad:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm just on the phone to Katie now - I think we're both agreed that it's not a good idea to make the expedition.

[EDIT] Yep, she said the weather is so appalling in London that it's probably sensible not to have a 50 mile ride in a downpour.

Sorry folks, off to extract trike from car now and think of something else to do with my Sunday!

redjedi

Über Member
topcat1 said:
I'm out, i haven't got the skill to be riding up and down hills in the wet.
B&G any chance of doing this ride again at a later date?

Perhaps a weekend in July. MacB was thinking of doing one on the 4th, but that's Dun Run weekend.

Why, I sat on my bike and tootled off to the one and only Hyde Park Corner old chap...whacked a pothole in the approach to Kensington...near 'MacBludgeon Point' if you remember, and developed a creaky squeaky. Saturday, further punishment accompanied with a medium sprinkling of rain in the early hours has given it a dishevelled patina - never seen my poor bike looking so dirty:sad:

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure the pothole will have come off worse :wacko:

Wheel creak? Perhaps we can get a discount on a bulk wheel repair service?

redjedi

Über Member
Auntie Helen said:
I'm just on the phone to Katie now - I think we're both agreed that it's not a good idea to make the expedition.

[EDIT] Yep, she said the weather is so appalling in London that it's probably sensible not to have a 50 mile ride in a downpour.

Sorry folks, off to extract trike from car now and think of something else to do with my Sunday!

Sorry BandD, it's not worked out well.

I quick nap, then it's F1 and water cricket for me today then.

p.s. It's stopped raining, but it's probably made it to Watford by now.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
redjedi said:
Perhaps a weekend in July. MacB was thinking of doing one on the 4th, but that's Dun Run weekend.
18 July is my 'Bikes & Boats' ride from Manningtree (an interim one), but the 11th/12th and 25th/26th of July are possibles for a reschedule.

Top Bottom