Chiltern Hundreds CC Ride 7 June 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I prefer Campano, it sounds better in an italian accent :biggrin:

MacB we should be still on.

I've just wiped the cobwebs off my Ambrosio and it looks fine. I'll swap the cassette and tyre over later.

[grumble mode] It took me ages to get that tyre on on Thursday, now I'm taking it off :becool:[/grumble mode]

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
character building, innit........says the guy that took bike and tyres along to LBS, chatted nicely to Steve the mechanic and watched him fit them in no time at all. No charge either, I know I spend a bit but that's looking after your customers:biggrin:

iLB

Hello there
MacBludgeon said:
character building, innit........says the guy that took bike and tyres along to LBS, chatted nicely to Steve the mechanic and watched him fit them in no time at all. No charge either, I know I spend a bit but that's looking after your customers:biggrin:

:becool: you lazy git

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Oh well that's me out!!!! tried my darndest!!!! did'nt realise there are two different type of cassette!!! Well I know now !!!! Halfords doesnt open til 10 am and that will be too late to get it sorted and get up to you guys so I will just duck out!!!! went to loads of trouble borrowed some tools off a mate and was fiddling around at the darn overly complicated thing for ages only to find that it wont fit on the new wheel !!!!
On the plus side I was going to get a better set of wheels anyway and this has just brought it forward thats all!!!
Have fun on the ride hope it's not too wet for you.
DJ

redjedi

Über Member
Panic over.

I've fitted my old wheel. It's still not 100% but it will be good enough for now.

Now I just need to decide what to wear.

Met Office is showing a wet start but should clear by early afternoon. Temps at around 14C

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I pop out for a bit of mexican munch and drinks at a friends and come back 'n all hells broke loose in 'ere ;)

Busted bikes, crashed cyclists :thumbsup: Sorry that you can't make it DJ!
Going to bed now for what little sleep I can grab - see you at C Common Bandstand 7am Ian. Syon Park 7:30 RJ & Datchet 8:30 ish MacB. See the rest of you at Watford about 10 I suppose :blush:

Good Night!
SD

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Right, im up with the lark, toast and jam, nice cuppa tea, leaving at 5.45 to meet SD at CC for 6.45..
See y'all soon.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
OK I'm really sorry but It's torrential rain and Thunder & Lightning in South London. Just spoke to Ian - who has had an off already this morning on his way over from Kent (scraped his knee badly I beleive - no word on the bike yet!). He is headed for home as soon as the storm subsides. Sorry but I am going to bail out of this one too :wacko: Not suitable for the mudguard-less road bike and the Globe's new Brooks saddle has yet to be broken in. I think I would be miserable as sin by the time I reached Wandsworth - much less Watford!!

Sorry one and all and if the weather clears and you guys do the ride later, then I hope you have a good one!

Apologies again,
SD

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Sittingduck said:
OK I'm really sorry but It's torrential rain and Thunder & Lightning in South London. Just spoke to Ian - who has had an off already this morning on his way over from Kent (scraped his knee badly I beleive - no word on the bike yet!). He is headed for home as soon as the storm subsides. Sorry but I am going to bail out of this one too :wacko: Not suitable for the mudguard-less road bike and the Globe's new Brooks saddle has yet to be broken in. I think I would be miserable as sin by the time I reached Wandsworth - much less Watford!!

Sorry one and all and if the weather clears and you guys do the ride later, then I hope you have a good one!

Apologies again,
SD
Sittingduck, why don't you get the train up to Watford? The weather is supposedly clearing (it's not too bad at all here at Colchester at the moment, for example) and you have plenty of time to still join us!

Top Bottom