Chiltern Hundreds CC Ride 7 June 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Looks like the ride to Watford will be easy then, as we'll be able to draft the flying Roubaix all the way up there :biggrin:

Are you cycling all the way up from Kent Ian or training it into town first?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Cool - need to swing over to Kew to hook up with Redjedi then across to Windsor to meet Peter and CoG if he''s going? The run from Clapham J to Kew is pretty nice though.

Anyone else coming from the SE side that wants to meet us and come via Kew & Windsor or are you guys taking a more direct A5'ish route?

Peter

I could meet you in Datchet - say the train station at around 8:45, that would give us plenty of time (1h 45m) to get to Watford for 10:30. Only 19 miles :ohmy:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
just let me know what time you want to meet

Peter said:
I could meet you in Datchet - say the train station at around 8:45, that would give us plenty of time (1h 45m) to get to Watford for 10:30. Only 19 miles :ohmy:

In the words of Hannibal Smith; I love it when a plan comes together :tongue:

I have a potential route mapped out via reasonable roads from CJ-Kew-Datchet (21 miles dead). Check it out :smile:

Ian
- how about we meet at 7am by CJ Station - giving us ample time to cover the 21 miles @ 14mph avg (with 15 mins or so to spare, just incase)?

Redjedi - we will be arriving at Kew about 7:30 does this seem ok to you?

Cheers,
SD

Peter

User1314 said:
Wedding in Coventry that day (wife just told me). Sorry folks. Looks like I'm missing a great day out.

Mr CoG, how very inconsiderate of the bride & groom to organise a wedding on such an important day. Do they not know you are a keen cyclist and would they consider moving the wedding date? :ohmy:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I'll be going up the A5, as Lee says there is a nice hill, Brockley hill that'll wake you up but it's direct , did it this morn 1hr 25m from the embankment to watford junction.

B&D will there be any lunch stops?

redjedi

Über Member
Sittingduck said:
In the words of Hannibal Smith; I love it when a plan comes together :rolleyes:

I have a potential route mapped out via reasonable roads from CJ-Kew-Datchet (21 miles dead). Check it out :smile:

Ian
- how about we meet at 7am by CJ Station - giving us ample time to cover the 21 miles @ 14mph avg (with 15 mins or so to spare, just incase)?

Redjedi - we will be arriving at Kew about 7:30 does this seem ok to you?

Cheers,
SD

Sounds good to me. You'll find me next to Syon Park on the London Road.

I take it the early start is so we have time for breakfast at Watford before the ride?
or are you just taking into account Aperitif's Garmin getting us lost taking us on a "small" detour :biggrin:

redjedi said:
Sounds good to me. You'll find me next to Syon Park on the London Road.

I take it the early start is so we have time for breakfast at Watford before the ride?
or are you just taking into account Aperitif's Garmin getting us lost taking us on a "small" detour :ohmy:

I have a Garmin.
You have a Syon Organiser...;)

Actually, I know that corner fairly well and I could take you up via Ruislip, along Ducks Hill Road and Rickmansworth Road for a nice little leg burner, do the nice flat tour and bring you back via Batchworth Hill:evil: - behave!

Top Bottom