Chiltern Hundreds CC Ride 7 June 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
:smile:

You really are a machine Martin.

FNRttC on the Friday/Saturday, work Sunday morning then another CC ride later that day. You'll probably then go for a walk with your dog (Jack?).
Not to mention any extra curricular activities that need taking care of at home (nudge nudge :becool:;) )

I would need to sleep for a week to get over that :ohmy:

I hope you got a good warranty with your Garmin, you're going to wear it out soon.

Don't forget the yellow budgie Luke, codename 'Fluffy'.* I mention her only as she nibbles my ear and trills lovingly.(I'm harking back to the days when women used to run their fingers through my hair, put it back in the envelope and take pity on me... Ah, yes...Jack the Dog hates her.

*If you do a search, there will be a post about having found a blue budgie - subsequently called 'Fluffy' - about this time last year. Long, long story but the budgie is now mellow yellow. And not the same one.
Mild madness is arriving at Platform 3...:becool:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
This ride has been niggling away at the back of my mind and yu know what I just think sod it , I am going to try and make it , can't really take time off for it so will fit it in between shifts, will come straight from work and come straight back to work after too:tongue:;).

So just to warn you in advance I will be the grumpy one (lack of sleep) at the back, my body keeps shouting at me "GET SOME EXERCISE" so no better chance really:biggrin:.

On Google maps it will work out at about 95 miles the whole thing including there and back so might have to get lost or summat just to make the ton!!!:becool::laugh:

Unless I go over and meet SD and Redjedi that would add a bit of mileage on!

Edit; Oh and Martin!!!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
:biggrin: B&d i'll be up for this ride.
Can you show me a route from central london i'm looking at edgware rd A5 up to the A410 turn left down to hatch end turn right at A4008 then up to watford.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
topcat1 said:
Can you show me a route from central london i'm looking at edgware rd A5 up to the A410 turn left down to hatch end turn right at A4008 then up to watford.

Thats the route up Edgware rd I will be doing, only about 22 miles, so time for a cooked breakfast somewhere.

topcat1 said:

A5 would be the crow's choice, not pretty but it's straight so no chance of getting lost. Possibly slightly shorter to stay on it up to the A41, then cut across from higher up, if you're confident of following Mr Garmin through the back roads of Watford, otherwise turn back down the A412, down Garston high street.

Sunset - cool! Now there's an idea for a ride...it will be nice and warm too. :smile:
I used to ride the A5 - Mill Hill to Covent Garden etc - when it was 'quiet' and men walked in front of cars with red flags...:smile:

Not much choice really - I used to cut along Willesden Lane to Kingsbury, Honeypot Lane - just keep going in a straight line to Stanmore Hill :biggrin: Bushey then grovel around the Watford one-way system - hoping it spits you out in the right direction. :smile:

Top Bottom