Compulsory Lights & Hi-viz.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just been into the centre of Manchester on my bicycle. Nothing to report except, when will the police do something about the hundreds of unregistered electric motorcycles that are posing as pedal cycles?

There's no pretence about it, they don't even turn the pedals as they accelerate through red lights on their way to speeds of around 30mph. It's blatent, but completely ignored. As has already been said, try enforcing some of the existing laws and rules that will make the roads safer before starting to introduce more.

The same in London. They are a complete menace and danger on the roads. A few times I've had to raise my voice and say some naughty words when they've bothered me for some reason or other.
Though, I have seen once the police stopping and seizing them but just the once.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Just been into the centre of Manchester on my bicycle. Nothing to report except, when will the police do something about the hundreds of unregistered electric motorcycles that are posing as pedal cycles?

There's no pretence about it, they don't even turn the pedals as they accelerate through red lights on their way to speeds of around 30mph. It's blatent, but completely ignored. As has already been said, try enforcing some of the existing laws and rules that will make the roads safer before starting to introduce more.

A decade or more of cuts have rendered the pubic sectors not able to cope.

classic33

Leg End Member
This is Limerick City Center, they've bigger issues than cyclists not wearing Hi-Vis.
limerick-ireland-28th-july-2022-looking-up-towards-people-and-traffic-on-william-street-in-lim...jpg

little_william_street-1666713318989.jpg--further_street_in_limerick_city_centre_may_be_pedestr...jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
This is typical of the nonsense released by politicians that's guaranteed to get the likes of the Daily Wail & it's readers frothing at the mouth, whilst some dodgy parliamentary business gets passed under the radar
It's from the Limerick Leader.

Alex321

Veteran
That's nice. Why didn't they confiscate the bikes for being completely illegal?

Probably because they aren't nasty minded little turds?

And what make you think they were completely illegal? "Similar bikes" here is not referring to illegal electric bikes, since the scheme was about 9 or 10 years ago, and those hardly existed then.

The only reference I can find to anything like that this year wa in Oxford, where it was general cyclists who were being given "temporary lights" to get them home safely.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...

The police gave free lights to the delivery riders on similar bikes in Leeds City centre when the clocks went back.

That's nice. Why didn't they confiscate the bikes for being completely illegal?

Probably because they aren't nasty minded little turds?

And what make you think they were completely illegal? "Similar bikes" here is not referring to illegal electric bikes, since the scheme was about 9 or 10 years ago, and those hardly existed then.

The only reference I can find to anything like that this year wa in Oxford, where it was general cyclists who were being given "temporary lights" to get them home safely.
Welcome @Alex321 . Glad you're here to try and pick your regular fight so I can say merry Christmas and goodnight. Have fun, I won't bite. Maybe someone else will respond to your silly, childish name calling?

Top Bottom