Cragg Vale Loop Sunday 21st

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
I may pop along for this, will see how I feel on saturday and let you know. Can't do MNWP as working on sat so it could be good.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
aJohnson said:
longers, what time will you be at Hebden Bridge?

Dan is very reliable for meeting up so we'd be there between 11 and quarter past barring delays.

See you on sunday then Trio.

trio25

Über Member
Longers in is a different class to me, I am pretty unfit at the moment so will need all my gears!

aJohnson

I'll be on a geared. It's the only road bike I have D:

Hopefully my new tyres will arrive by Sunday, been using the current ones on turbo so they may be worn down a fair bit.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
The pace on sunday is your pace, if your pace means you end up a long way in front* then please wait for the rest of us to catch up or even double back. Ta.

I'd still like to have a nosey up the road to the brewery so don't forget about that bit.
I think it's the road by the farm on the right near the top that has the two kennels outside, but it is signposted.

* this will be MrJohnson on the climb I reckon.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
longers said:
The pace on sunday is your pace, if your pace means you end up a long way in front* then please wait for the rest of us to catch up or even double back. Ta.

I'd still like to have a nosey up the road to the brewery so don't forget about that bit.
I think it's the road by the farm on the right near the top that has the two kennels outside, but it is signposted.

* this will be MrJohnson on the climb I reckon.
It is, about half a mile or so. You would have to turn round and come back onto the main climb OR you could do a loop round over some nice little lanes...

non_slippery_lanes.jpg

...eventually bringing you out by Baitings Reservoir on the A58 and you'd have to then turn right and climb up to Blackstone Edge from the Ripponden side.

trio25

Über Member
As long as this cold thing has gone I will be there, will decide on sat and then work out where I will meet you. May even ride out to Oldham as I won't have done a long ride this week and need to get building the miles up!

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
ColinJ said:
It is, about half a mile or so. You would have to turn round and come back onto the main climb OR you could do a loop round over some nice little lanes...

non_slippery_lanes.jpg

...eventually bringing you out by Baitings Reservoir on the A58 and you'd have to then turn right and climb up to Blackstone Edge from the Ripponden side.

Ta Colin, I've been looking at a map and it looks like you can also get down New Lane to the Robin Hood Inn from the brewery - closed at weekends. It'll be too risky to think about that on sunday, but can you get up or down that way in more suitable weather?

How do people feel about the ride if it's icy, as it looks like it will be? I'd still go, just do it carefully.

Top Bottom