CycleChat Government.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Can I be Alan B'stard?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You only want it to chat up the nurses...
True!

When I had my last INR (blood coagulation) test done, I got chatting to the nurse doing it.

She asked me why I was on warfarin so I did my usual DVT/PE speech. I expected a typical glazed eyes, blank, head slowly nodding response, but she seemed really interested in my recovery. I laughed and said that she was the first person other than my doctors who actually seemed interested in my problems.

It turned out that she had been doing some gardening with her husband a few weeks earlier and had suddenly felt unwell - acute shortness of breath, rapid pulse rate, feeling faint. She immediately recognised the symptoms as potentially being due to a pulmonary embolism and got hubby to rush her to the same A & E department that I had gone to. They found a DVT in her leg and an embolism in her lungs, so she was put on warfarin too!

[And for for those of you who moan about me mentioning clots too often - sorry, but maybe one day you will remember one of my posts and end up like her or me - one of the 2 out of 3 who survive a PE emergency, not the 1 out of 3 who doesn't!]

Er ... that was my first broadcast as acting Health Minister! :laugh:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I think you're missing the point of this thread.

No, if we're going to do this thing, it's got to be done properly. The public we'll think we're being silly otherwise

Top Bottom