Cycling plans this weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Helping family friend get started on their new bike on Saturday then, ribs permitting, 'Ride Chartridge' 75 miler on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 23692

Saturday...ride 6 miles to a lovely pub just outside the city and imbibe quality ales at their beer festival, and then cycle home

Sunday... maybe attempt a short recover ride :smile:

jamma

Über Member
Saturday a 26 mile ride with 1630 ft of climbing on the new bike

Sunday is work all day but might get a few miles in after depending if i can be motivated

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Not decided yet - would be nice to get an imperial half in if I get chance. Haven't done a loop out to York via Cawood and back via Wetherby yet, so that might be a plan. Need to be back home for 1pm though, so it depends what time I drag myself out of my pit...;)

Sunday looks too good not to get out somewhere as well!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had planned to go out today as i have a long weekend but as im full of flem and lightheaded due to congestion so i went for an afternoon nap :smile:
I hoping to feel better on sunday as i have the midland monster on the 15th so a long ride this weekend would be helpful.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
None...still not allowed/able to cycle following shoulder surgery :sad:

I'll probably have a walk somewhere however as I can't drive either!

Might use the exercise bike in front of the TV if it's not too warm!
GWS @vickster
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJryKnFptXnfztsH2WeB28vXhmmxoVqvKm41-OR7emviC4va3eCGTeckA.jpg

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
I am going to try my first 10 mile ride, I have done 6 but not 10. We have devised a route that goes in a big loop through some pretty lanes. I am trying to build up slowly as eventually I want to ride to Him Indoors' mums in Northants which is 45 miles... I have to have goals right?

Firestorm

Veteran
Slowly increasing the mileage, so looking at bettering last Sundays 34 miles round the south east Essex flat lands.
Aiming at about 36 miles with a grand total of 300ft of "climbing"
Then a fettle of the bikes before next weekends trip to Flanders

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I'm getting a bit bored with planning circular routes from home, seriously considering sticking the bike on the train and heading west. Maybe start with Pewsey (around 50 miles) and work up to Bristol (just under 100).

Saturday - replacing the cottered crankset on my new project 1974 Bianchi with a lighter, square-tapered set and saving the legs for Sunday's 110m Tour d'Essex. There will be some family time in there too, honest!

Top Bottom