Cycling plans this weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Doing a 20 mile cafe ride this morning then home to watch the mighty Boro get promotion to the Premier League (hopefully!!).

grellboy

Über Member
32 miles in the bag already. The missus has just started a "power" walking scheme so she warned me last night "Don't be out too long on your bike on the morning coz I wanna go power walking". Duly obliging, I was out from half six to half eight in the glorious Norfolk sunshine...and she is still fast asleep lol!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Was looking forward to staying with the club saturday ride as far as my rapidly deteriorating hip would allow - usually as far as the first sign of the ride going uphill, only to wake up with sore throat, tight chest, running nose and aches everywhere. Probably the best cycling day of the year so far too! Beginning to feel very pi**ed off :sad:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'll be on the back lanes of Mole Valley and the Surrey/Sussex borders tomorrow morning, putting a few miles in my legs in preparation for my first fnrttc in 2 wks.
Target distance is 45 miles, instead my usual 35.

What shall I avoid?
midday heat? Check.
whitedown lane? Check.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Been out this morning 32.6 miles, starting point Siddal Halifax, out to Todmorden then onto Littleborough to Ripponden then Sowerby Bridge and back home.
Deciding to cycle up the A58 was a real learning curve for me, it is a steady climb but this morning, it was cold and misty I had a 15 - 20mph headwind to contend with and despite the lower geared cassette I have fitted on my bike I struggled at times. Still, it was great to get out on the road again and now the sun is starting to shine and i have the rest of the day to enjoy.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Been out this morning 32.6 miles, starting point Siddal Halifax, out to Todmorden then onto Littleborough to Ripponden then Sowerby Bridge and back home.
Deciding to cycle up the A58 was a real learning curve for me, it is a steady climb but this morning, it was cold and misty I had a 15 - 20mph headwind to contend with and despite the lower geared cassette I have fitted on my bike I struggled at times. Still, it was great to get out on the road again and now the sun is starting to shine and i have the rest of the day to enjoy.
We were just commenting on my forum ride today how unusual it is to get such a strong easterly wind in these here parts. Normally when you climb the A58 from Littleborough you pick up a tailwind from the SW higher up. It is why there is often a cross-headwind from the right when climbing up from Cragg Vale.

I have done the A58 in the opposite direction (from Ripponden) a couple of times recently to get a tailwind for the climb.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
We were just commenting on my forum ride today how unusual it is to get such a strong easterly wind in these here parts. Normally when you climb the A58 from Littleborough you pick up a tailwind from the SW higher up. It is why there is often a cross-headwind from the right when climbing up from Cragg Vale.

I have done the A58 in the opposite direction (from Ripponden) a couple of times recently to get a tailwind for the climb.
It was pretty bad today, the wind was strong enough to buffet me about and kept trying to blow the bike from under me, it didn't help that I had dressed in summer gear either that wind was fair cutting through me.

Top Bottom