Cyclist hit by car in Cambridge - video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, lets not forget that the Stop sign is for US road users and the Give Way sign for British road users.

Driver at fault, cyclist blameless.

image.jpeg

That's the U.K. Version ( not much different, pretty much exactly the same meaning)
This thread is making me laugh now, it's like this.

image.png

You asked earlier in the thread how you had blamed the victim. There you go, that's how you blamed the victim.
No, I blamed the pair of them ( the rider to a lesser extent), hence the first bit that you 'forgot' to put in bold.

Absolutely.... I had a hi-viz jacket and light clothing on when I was run over, in broad daylight, by an ambulance.
Hi viz is not quite so important to help with visibility in bright daylight, as it is in poor conditions in the dark though, eh:rolleyes:.

Tim Hall

You do know hi-viz doesn't work in the dark, don't you ? In fact, it's specifically designed for use in daylight or highly lit areas.

You do really need to learn the difference between hi-viz and reflectives. A school child should be able to help you...
Can we go with Hi viz being clothing with fluorescent and reflective properties? As noted up thread and seen adorning any worker on a construction site?

Origamist

Legendary Member
I don't think you get stop signs at roundabouts anywhere in the world. Certainly not in Australia, and roundabouts are practically non-existent in USA.

(I have no idea how we got down this rabbit hole :sad: )

Phew, Canadian RaB with Stop Signs:

7167901163_dff7f275d6.jpg

I think this rabbit hole is marginally more interesting then engaging with RR!

You do know hi-viz doesn't work in the dark, don't you ? In fact, it's specifically designed for use in daylight or highly lit areas.

You do really need to learn the difference between hi-viz and reflectives.

Hi viz / reflectiveness, meh, just semantics ......

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we go with Hi viz being clothing with fluorescent and reflective properties? As noted up thread and seen adorning any worker on a construction site?
Yes.

I must have missed the reflective Stop sign at the roundabout in the video, perhaps it was my fault for not spotting the sign?
That's the whole point, there was no 'STOP' sign so no reason to come to a complete standstill, if the driver believed ( wrongly as it transpired ) that there was nothing to cede to on the right. You've just successfully proverbially pulled your own pants over your own head, and tweaked your own nose :laugh:.

classic33

Leg End Member
That may marginal help, but to be honest there is a pretty big chance it won't.
General gist is, cyclist gets hit by car entering roundabout One poster(crankarm) seems to find the whole situation funny.

I always thought traffic, that is what we as cyclists are, already on a roundabout had priority over traffic entering it.

General gist is, cyclist gets hit by car entering roundabout One poster(crankarm) seems to find the whole situation funny.

I always thought traffic, that is what we as cyclists are, already on a roundabout had priority over traffic entering it.
And you'd be right, but it relies on any approaching traffic actually spotting what's on the roundabout. I've been on the receiving end of an unobservant motorist ploughing into me on a roundabout, because they didn't give way to the right, but I was wearing reflective gear, and the conditions weren't bad, and it was daylight, I was wearing a lid as well.

Top Bottom