Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Edinburgh - Gifford 22nd March (Saturday)

Which option(s) do you fancy - multiple choices possible?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Home now. Good day out, the last leg is always harder on your own especially into the headwind. My wife has been shopping, bought lots of fruit but no cake! :sad:
Hope to catch up with you all soon. Cheers :cheers:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Home, stretches done :thumbsup:,showered :wahhey:and reflecting on a great ride:bicycle:/day out. We had :sun:, we had
t110001.gif
(but not too much:smile:), we had :cold:, we had CAKE :hungry:, we had excellent company :hugs:, some established CCers :highfive:, some new people :hello:, a great route (flexible too ... errr ... :shy:) - "mostly flat, some lumps, no real hills"©@Col5632, we had some laughs :laugh:, we had flapjacks :becool:, we had ... well, you get the picture.

Many thanks to @Telemark for organising and keeping us in check; to @MikeW-71 for coming from over the border with flapjack :thumbsup: and to all the rest for a ride I would never have done on my own ... but might try it again myself sometime...

:bravo: to the newbies for coming along, going all the way round and maintaining the CC tradition in the cafe :hungry: !

Thanks all. :cheers:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Home and unpacked. Brilliant ride, I enjoyed the whole day, even the bit into the wind. :bicycle:

Great to meet some familiar faces and some new faces, have a lovely lunch at Gifford and follow it up with an even lovelier soup and cake at Chez T :hungry:

Can't wait for the next one and I have 6 hours of video to go through now :ohmy:

Cameronmu917772

Hi guys.
Had a great day today. Even though my phone died and couldn't contact the support car at the end:giggle:. Managed to telepathically send a message though and got picked up after 20 mins :smile:
@Telemark thank you for your patience:rose:. Great to strech the legs with what were abunch of randoms. (I now consider you all riding buddies:hyper:) Will defo look at the three ferrys aswell . Having a beer and wynding down. Cheers to all.

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hi guys.
Had a great day today. Even though my phone died and couldn't contact the support car at the end:giggle:. Managed to telepathically send a message though and got picked up after 20 mins :smile:
@Telemark thank you for your patience:rose:. Great to strech the legs with what were abunch of randoms. (I now consider you all riding buddies:hyper:) Will defo look at the three ferrys aswell . Having a beer and wynding down. Cheers to all.

:scratch:patience?
Glad you enjoyed yourself, I wondered whether you'd be thinking you'd stumbled into a madhouse by accident :crazy: ... CC Ecosse is definitely 'random', all the rides are, shall we say, 'unique' :laugh:
You should have just asked about borrowing somebody's phone ... :rolleyes: phew, glad you didn't get stranded for too long.

T

Last edited:
OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Great photos, @Pat "5mph" ! Awaiting your write-up :hyper:... tales of intrepid lost ladies :eek: , telling @HonestMan1910 off for talking to you while going up a wee 'flat bit of road' :gun: :laugh:

Thanks to everybody for your company and the banter, I really enjoyed riding beside the seaside and along the wee lanes of East Lothian in the sunshine with you all! Looking forward to the next ride already ... is it really another 5 weeks to wait? :rolleyes:

T

Cameronmu917772

:scratch:patience?
Glad you enjoyed yourself, I wondered whether you'd be thinking you'd stumbled into a madhouse by accident :crazy: ... CC Ecosse is definitely 'random', all the rides are, shall we say, 'unique' :laugh:
You should have just asked about borrowing somebody's phone ... :rolleyes: phew, glad you didn't get stranded for too long.

T
I would of had I had a back up plan. I don't know my good lady's number so would of been useless. Thanks all the same and the patience... Managing to keep us all together :smile: apart from @Pat "5mph" +1 ;) (Jealous of there extra miles) lol .

Could someone be so kind as to pop a link up for the three ferries?

Top Bottom