Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Edinburgh - Gifford 22nd March (Saturday)

Which option(s) do you fancy - multiple choices possible?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
@Brandane, sorry to hear about your continuing niggles :sad: - hope you can get them sorted! :thumbsup: Physio requires patience and perseverance on behalf of the patient ... repeat exercises ... repeat again ... and again ... and again ...;)
I am already looking forward to the 3 Ferries :hyper:, even though that's another month and a bit away ... You will be missed on Saturday!

T

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hmmm ... it does look like it might be soup weather after all, still, +6C is not too bad as long as we don't get 'Loch Lomond weather' (TM) ... and we'll definitely need to stock up on energy at Gifford before heading back into a headwind :heat:.

I suppose I better check if there is anybody among the newbies who has any intolerance/allergy to ordinary cake :giggle: (a.k.a. requiring gluten free or some such variations on a theme)?

T

MikeW-71

Veteran
Sorry to see you can't make it @Brandane . GWS for the 3 Ferries. :smile:

Bike is cleaned and prepped to go for the weekend, work have changed my shifts so it looks unlikely I'll be able to ride again before saturday, which is unfortunate, but it's blowing a gale down here at the mo.... again :sad:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've done a wee 10 mile walk in preparation of Saturday's hills ... don't ask the logic behind it :laugh:
Gonna be on Boris because n+1 is not ready yet, anyway a CC Ecosse as maiden ride would have been too awkward, need to bond a bit first :smile:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I've done a wee 10 mile walk in preparation of Saturday's hills ... don't ask the logic behind it :laugh:
Gonna be on Boris because n+1 is not ready yet, anyway a CC Ecosse as maiden ride would have been too awkward, need to bond a bit first :smile:

:laugh: just in case the new steed decides it would like somebody else better and runs off? :wub:

T

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
New steed only allowed out on CC Ecosse rides or possibly an audax or 2 :whistle:
Should outlive me!
AUDAX? Did I hearsee :rolleyes: you say audax? What's the world coming to? :scratch::biggrin: Another CC Ecosser heading for the audax route ... seems to be catching ... I haven't been infected yet, despite (or maybe because of?) helping out at LEL last year, even though that was pretty inspiring! Seeing/meeting all sorts of people doing something that seems quite un-achievable for mere mortals makes you wonder what the human body/mind in general is capable of :evil:. Have you read @arallsopp's superb book 'Barring mechanicals'? Available to buy online, with the story in the making also on CC (a few years back) :thumbsup:

T

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
AUDAX? Did I hearsee :rolleyes: you say audax? What's the world coming to? :scratch::biggrin: Another CC Ecosser heading for the audax route ... seems to be catching ... I haven't been infected yet, despite (or maybe because of?) helping out at LEL last year, even though that was pretty inspiring! Seeing/meeting all sorts of people doing something that seems quite un-achievable for mere mortals makes you wonder what the human body/mind in general is capable of :evil:. Have you read @arallsopp's superb book 'Barring mechanicals'? Available to buy online, with the story in the making also on CC (a few years back) :thumbsup:

T
I fancy audax as it seems you don't need to be superfast to do one ^_^ and you get to see nice bits of the country.
The ones I found near(ish) me are all 200km, which I think is a bit too much for me at my present level. Training required :training:
Thanks for the tip, going to read the book!

Top Bottom