Famous people you have seen (and where)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thegrumpybiker

Oh, and I saw Gok Wan on his phone outside a sushi restaraunt in Soho.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
On the tiny, tiny woman thread - Paula Yates in HMV (Newcastle upon Tyne) - around the tiime she was presenting The Tube.

Naughty girl - she discarded her empty coke can under the record rack - not in the bin :biggrin:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
philipbh said:
On the tiny, tiny woman thread - Paula Yates in HMV (Newcastle upon Tyne) - around the tiime she was presenting The Tube.

Naughty girl - she discarded her empty coke can under the record rack - not in the bin :biggrin:

Cleo Laine is very, very small. But her hair is enormous.

normgow

Guru
Paul McCartney in Oxford Street 1969
Richard Geere Broadway NYC 2001
Rode (or started) a bike race in Belgium with Eddy Merckx 1964
Jens Lehmann (ex goalkeeper for Germany) last week in Munich

theclaud said:
Yes - I once had to flatten myself against a wall so that her hair could get through...

A one Laine highway...

I see Jon Snow sometimes - in Kentish Town. Nice looking man.

My bro-in-law, Man City season ticket holder, lives not very far from a Neville, the one that moved to Everton. They were in a restaurant on one occasion and Mrs. Wow's sister Helen spent quite a long time talking loudly about the fact that the Neville no longer had red Christmas lights all along the drive leading up to his ponderosa-style mansion, but blue ones, and bad-mouthing him generally. Husband Howard, a renowned joker, continually tole her "Keep you voice down, Helen, his brother's over there". Helen did not believe him and continued the loud and slightly alcohol-fuelled derogatory comments until some while later she came to realise that the other Neville was indeed sitting at a table not very far away.

mangaman

buggi said:
i saw Jamie Rednapp in London walking down the street.
I looked at him and thought "he's hot"
Then my next thought was "O i know him" and i nearly actually said hi, thinking i must know him from work or something.
Then just a split second before I embarrassed myself and realised who it was.

I do that when I see a famous person (Edit - I didn't think Trevor Brooking was hot, I was referring to your next bit)

Saw Sir Trevor Brooking at Southampton airport and came within a whisker of chatting to him as I thought he was someone I knew.

Also have seen Keith Richards - Chichester North Street
Rodney from Only fools and horses
The Duke of Edinborough.
The piano player in Keane (I know his Mum)

I missed a chance about 6 or 7 years ago.

Keith Richards has his mansion close to my mansion and he spent New Years Eve that year in the local pub in Itchenor near Chichester.

It was an open evening - no need to prebook or anything.

He took some mates - Mick Jagger, Johny Depp, Kate Moss and some I can't remember. It was in the local paper and everything so it must be true.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Rodney from Only fools and horses

I'd love to see him as I have seen two other of the cast.

Apparently I missed George Best at Waterloo by a couple of minutes at Waterloo just before he died.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Orlando Bloom, Jeremy Clarkson and Will Young, all together in the smoking section at the royal opera house last night!

Hmm

Pat Phoenix (Elise Tanner) and Len Fairclough - 1964 opening a bingo hall
Jimmy Saville - 1966 Culdrose RAF camp (miserable bleeder)
Most of the Lancashire cricket team circa 1968 to 1979 I lived next door to Jack Simmon's mother (Clive Lloyd MASSIVE Bloke!) also on a cricket theme was in same Mat ward with Michael Holding's first wife; Alex Higgins - lodged with my mum's friend;
Most of Coronation Street circa 1986 - I lived in Manchester; cleaned for Anne Kirkbride, Tony Wilson, Mike Harding (also met him at Greenham common 1983);
Cut to move in 1987 to darn sarf - Keith Waterhouse (same newsagent); John Inman; Boy George; Julian Clary; in the pub across from the Pavillion Theatre; Victor Spinetti (lived across the road from him nice chap); Tony Robinson on Brighton beach; served Karl Lagerfield as well as Alexandar Windsor (only knew that as he had a Coutt's cheque book); Su Pollard (club in Brighton - weird lady); Lucy Cook - barbeque; Guru Maharaji - seminar;

Princess Diana - opened the factory I worked in; Dennis Skinner, Arthur Scargill and Tony Benn had a drink with them in a Chesterfield WMC during the Miners strike; Neil & Glenyis Kinnock Brangwyn Hall Swansea as well as Eric Heffer; Jack Straw - does an open forum once a month in Blackburn town centre; various members of ASWAD - Lancaster Sugarhouse;

The list is boring the arse off me....

Top Bottom