First live gigs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Prone as I am to pointless musings, what was the first live gig you saw?

Mine was the Vipers Skiffle Group, Finsbury Park, 1957. ( Still got their first album, it was also MY first album!!)

gbb

Legendary Member
Wigans Ovation circa 1976.
We (my mates at the time) were just entering a Northern Soul phase. I can't remember much about the gig, it was a small place somewhere near Nottingham.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Not my first, perhaps the first memorable..
one of the many pre success Bay City Rollers line ups in 1971..
late licence 'till 1am the draw, honest:whistle:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Are we including Frank Ifield, with my Mum, when I was about 7?

First one I went to was at the UEA, LCR, it was Camel sometime in the late 70s. '78 or '79

Oooh, I'd forgotten. Adam & The Ants sometime around '76/'77 at St Andrews Hall (I think). A.A. wrapped himself up in a mike cord and dived off the stage. Lots of us took a step backwards. He might have landed a bit harder than he had anticipated.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
The Macc Lads, Princess Charlotte, Leicester. I had never heard of them before & ended up going along with a friend who had a spare ticket. Can't say that I have heard anything more abhorrent or ever will again.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Madonna at Roundhay Park, Leeds 1987.

I was at that gig! :hello:

But my first proper gig was Bruce Springsteen, also at Roundhay Park in 1985. Aged 14 and without tickets me and a couple of mates went to see what it was all about and found a section of the perimeter fence had been knocked over, so walked straight in and watched the whole show from Hill 60.

Top Bottom