Five a day turned into a smoothie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another Nutribullet user here.

in the morning it's usually spinach, some celery, cucumber, banana, porridge oats and some carb formula. Lunch is lunch and after training at the gym it's the same but protein formula instead of carbs.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just guzzled a pear/apple/raspberry/blueberry/unidentified red berry/ginger & nana combo.

Followed by slice of toast (olive oil stuff thinly spread when I really wanted a quarter inch thick slab of Anchor) a multi-vit+iron tab and a cod liver oil capsule.

All in the hope that it will fire up the 'get out and ride you lazy B' portion of my brain.

Not working yet...

Stephenite

Membå
Just guzzled a pear/apple/raspberry/blueberry/unidentified red berry/ginger & nana combo.

Followed by slice of toast (olive oil stuff thinly spread when I really wanted a quarter inch thick slab of Anchor) a multi-vit+iron tab and a cod liver oil capsule.

All in the hope that it will fire up the 'get out and ride you lazy B' portion of my brain.

Not working yet...

I'm (presently enjoying a mid-morning retreat) in bed. Trying to catch up on a lie-in I thought I deserved. It's not going to happen. A smoothie and some toast sounds like a good idea

blazed

220lb+
Some of you are consuming way too much sugar.

Just chucking in loads of fruits and blending it up doesn't equal healthy.

That's the problem where if you ate the fruit you would feel too full to eat such quantities, when it comes to a smoothie you are able to consume far more.

Julia9054

Guru
We had a smoothie company doing a sales promotion in the sixth form cafe recently. They had a bicycle powered blender which I couldn't resist having a go on.
I wanted the banana and mango smoothie. They made me have the one full of kale, broccoli and other cabbagy stuff.
Needless to say, I spent the afternoon standing in front of my classes desperately trying not to fart!

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I Love mine, use it 2 or 3 times a day. Its a Russell Hobbs one, and its a smoothie maker rather than a juicer, so what you put in, you get out, without losing any of the goodness. I try and aim for mostly veg as too much fruit long term isn't as healthy, but at the end of the day its all healthier than crisps and biccies so just stick in whatever you like. My favourites so far are carrot, orange, ginger and spinach, lettuce, celery, spinach and pear or kiwi, and beetroot and raspberry, all with water or coconut water as the base. Oh, and fig, banana and apple is pretty good too. The combinations are endless...

Hope it`s OK to resurrect an old thread but we have just bought a juicer - had a few disasters (wanted to try something with beetroot in it but only had it in vinegar - never again!). Celery, coriander and tomato was very nice though.

However, any recommendations for post cycle recovery, something that can be made up beforehand and guzzled down staright away?

However, any recommendations for post cycle recovery, something that can be made up beforehand and guzzled down straight away?

Chocolate milk/milkshake makes for a quick, cheap, tasty and effective recovery drink, IMO.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/fitness/the-complete-guide-to-sports-drinks-recovery-31494

Chocolate milk has also shown to be as effective as other supplements in restoring carbohydrate and stimulating muscle protein synthesis – milk itself is 20 per cent whey to 80 per cent casein, which goes some way to explaining its benefit.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Mmmmm with this morning's smoothie I've achieved an industrial slurry chic look.

20171014_074141.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
This thread is old.

Has anyone realised that compressing five a day into a quick drink is missing the point yet?

Top Bottom