FNRttK 2014 - Saturday May 3rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Lille to Dunkerque via Roeselare: 100km. That makes it a FFNRttC, French Flanders Night Ride to the Côte.

View attachment 44445
And Lille neighbours Roubaix, so with a slight alteration in route we could have FFCCCNRtC...French Flanders Cobbled Classic Night Ride to the Côte (perhaps not- Tom Boonen impressions might end up resembling 2011, when he crashed).

StuartG

slower but further
<heresy>A day ride would be nice</heresy>

OP
OP
swarm_catcher
Some of my favourite pictures.

IMG_3081.jpg
IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3129.JPG
IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

OP
OP
swarm_catcher
@ianmac62

Number 9 'The Swan', 4th house from the left.

"Rebuilt in 1698 in the Louis XIV style. As of 1720, this house became the home of the guild of butchers. Along with the Cornet house, it is the only one on the Grand'Place not to reflect the three classic architectural styles. It was in this building that Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels wrote the "Communist Party Manifesto" in 1847 and that the Belgian Workers' Party was founded in 1885."

IMG_3099.JPG

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Els thank you for organising a brilliant ride and most certainly a must for next years calendar. Looking at your photos happy memories flood back.
Same here. Already considering the options for getting there and back.....

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Given the comments on the conversation about limiting the size of this ride next year, plus the fact that the effusive praise for it might prompt many more to sign up for it, could I just say two things:
1) Actually, it was a crap ride, very hilly, dull, not at all interesting, cold, boring and certainly not worth going on. food was terrible and no real atmosphere at all.
2) However, as these rides should be supported, could I now put my name down on the list for next year please?

OP
OP
swarm_catcher
Given the comments on the conversation about limiting the size of this ride next year, plus the fact that the effusive praise for it might prompt many more to sign up for it, could I just say two things:
1) Actually, it was a crap ride, very hilly, dull, not at all interesting, cold, boring and certainly not worth going on. food was terrible and no real atmosphere at all.
2) However, as these rides should be supported, could I now put my name down on the list for next year please?

In fact I agree mmmartin. Thank you for breaking the ice on the negatives of the ride. My point of contention is the hills - nobody mentions the hills, apart from Olaf.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Considering it was meant to be a flat ride there seemed to be a fair bit of inclined sloped roads around and not sure if @StuartG will ever recover from those bumpy road surfaces through Brugge. Could explain why he chucked his bike on the ground so much..

Top Bottom