England : Oxfordshire Folding Bicycle Ride from Reading to Oxford Saturday 12th April 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
If you fancy getting out on your Brompton Bicycle or other small wheeled folders in to the wonders of the Oxfordshire Countryside but don't fancy cycling all the way from London this could be the ride for you.

Those taking part will enjoy a 30mile ride along mainly quiet country lanes.

We will leave Reading Station and quickly cross the river Thames into Oxfordshire before a gentle climb up to Stokes Row. Soon we will descending off the back of the Chilterns and heading to a lovely community village shop / cafe in the village of Ewelme where we will take refreshment and purchase a light lunch.

From there we will head north to Chalgrove and on into Oxford following the famous Cowley Road into the historic City Centre and head to Oxford's only Cycle Cafe at Zappi's Bike Shop for a well earned hot drink and some cake!

Baring mechanicals I imagine we will arrive in Oxford by 3pm if not eariler.

The cafe is only a few minutes cycle from Oxford Railway Station where there is a frequent service to London and the South Coast.

Please meet at the Town Centre side of Reading Station by 9.45hrs as we aim to leave at 10am sharp. For those travelling from London there is a very regular service from Paddington taking about 25 minutes while the twice hourly service from Waterloo takes about an hour.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
To open the account, I'm in, please.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
however, a 10am start from Reading implies a rather early start from North London. Might be difficult to convince my better half....

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

You could leave home at 8.30am and still be in Reading easily by 10am and then there is always Sunday morning for that well deserved lie in... I am sure she will love the ride as the mighty Dellzeqq would say its a 'peach of a ride'!

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Count us in. We've decided to stay in the lovely town of Reading on Friday night, so we'll have the best of both worlds: a Saturday lie in AND a peach of a ride :dance:

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

If you fancy meeting up Friday night let me know....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Is the ride on the 30th still on? Of the two, I think this appeals more anyway. Fancied a trip to Zappi's ever since I heard about it, haven't managed to get up to Oxford though.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Is the ride on the 30th still on? Of the two, I think this appeals more anyway. Fancied a trip to Zappi's ever since I heard about it, haven't managed to get up to Oxford though.

Stu,

Both rides are still on so it would be great to see you whichever you decide.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Titus H
Mice
Anne M
David P
Charlie B
Olaf S
Katrina
John (Orange Brompton)
Stu A?
Yellow Fang?

As long as your bike folds all welcome....

Kies

have applied for a visa to homeland security and awaiting formal processing and notification

(i cooked dinner and washed up tonight before submitting my application)

Top Bottom