England : Oxfordshire Folding Bicycle Ride from Reading to Oxford Saturday 12th April 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
StuAff sorry to hear about your troubles returning to Reading! It was good to see you.

I think the next folding adventure will Reading to Winchester with a lot less offroad...... I promise.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
StuAff sorry to hear about your troubles returning to Reading! It was good to see you.

I think the next folding adventure will Reading to Winchester with a lot less offroad...... I promise.
And you...
Reading-Winchester- I've been in that neck of the woods a good few times, riding through Whitchurch, Kingsclere or both- feel free to metaphorically pick my brains on routing.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Tyre now replaced. DD wheel actually proved fairly straightforward to get off (Bike Friday have a handy 'how to guide' on their website), refitting and fettling the V-brake took most time. Tube binned (can't be bothered with patching), as was the tyre (lots of sidewall damage, unsurprisingly). I've had a BNIB Marathon Racer sitting in the garage for a few years, so that was handy. Four 20" inner tubes just ordered (I was out of those)....

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Thank you AKA Bob and others for a grand day out, with excellent routing. The off-road bit wasn't too taxing on Kojaks.
The sun shone and the choice of refreshment venues was par excellence. (Allegedly Henry VIII swam in the village pond at Ewhelme, but it didn't look as though there would have been enough water in it to cope with the amount he must've displaced.)

Oxford - sort your traffic out! It's pointless having a well publicised Park'n'Ride if the buses cannot get in at any speed to provide any advantage over the cars.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Thank you AKA Bob and others for a grand day out, with excellent routing. The off-road bit wasn't too taxing on Kojaks.
The sun shone and the choice of refreshment venues was par excellence. (Allegedly Henry VIII swam in the village pond at Ewhelme, but it didn't look as though there would have been enough water in it to cope with the amount he must've displaced.)

Oxford - sort your traffic out! It's pointless having a well publicised Park'n'Ride if the buses cannot get in at any speed to provide any advantage over the cars.

CharlieB, sbird and StuAff I will adding two new rides in the near future.

Sunday 1st June at 10.30hrs Reading to Winchester following mainly National Cycle Route 23.
Sunday 20th July at 10.30hrs Reading to Richmond via National Cycle Route 4, Thames Path and Windsor Great Park.

Top Bottom