Forum ride: 100+ km in Cheshire. [DATE CHANGE] Sat, 1st July, 2023. Details to follow...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll buy a new BB for the 6-er and try the loose/suspect BB in the turbo bike instead, and scrap the one with the rough bearings. If the turbo bike BB is then annoying
Ha - I had forgotten that the turbo bike has Italian threads AND that something is wrong with them. I suspect that I cross-threaded a BB one time. I'll leave it alone - I don't do much on it anyway!

The other thing that I need to do is to get the soles of my cycling shoes glued back on. They have gradually been coming loose and I don't want a shoe failure in mid-Cheshire! There is a cobbler in Todmorden who is only open Friday and Saturday so I'll stroll round to his shop tomorrow and see how much he would charge to do it.
£15 a shoe - I'll buy some glue and do it myself! :eek:

I will buy another pair of shoes first so I definitely have good shoes for this ride and the rest of the summer, and repair the iffy shoes to keep as a spare pair.

GuyBoden

Guru
£15 a shoe - I'll buy some glue and do it myself! :eek:

I will buy another pair of shoes first so I definitely have good shoes for this ride and the rest of the summer, and repair the iffy shoes to keep as a spare pair.

I used Gorilla glue on my trainer soles, but clamped the shoe very, very tightly, because the Gorilla glue expands like polyurethane.

Worked very well, better than most glues. But, you'll need to clamp them tight. :okay:

GuyBoden

Guru
You're right, those prices are very high. I wouldn't buy anything other than a teacake or toast.

There's always the Coop shop at Kelsall for additional nutrition, I've bought plenty of flapjacks and chocolate milk shake from there on many rides. ^_^

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.208...0tjLWfuy4t9B_cqQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Kelsall Coop.png

^_^

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm with @ColinJ on the cafe prices.

A forum ride is a big day out for me, so splurging a bit at the cafe stop is no problem.

Overall, the day is still relatively cheap given there are unlikely to be any other big spends.

But were I local and riding past regularly I wouldn't be stopping.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I used Gorilla glue on my trainer soles, but clamped the shoe very, very tightly, because the Gorilla glue expands like polyurethane.

Worked very well, better than most glues. But, you'll need to clamp them tight. :okay:
I'll look into that.

Meanwhile, I found a pair of Shimano XC1s in my size*** on eBay. They look to be in good condition and include cleats. £36 + £4 p&p is around half price. They should arrive a week before this ride.

*** Normally UK 10-10.5, but 11.5 in Shimano's odd undersizing!

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Erm...problem! Dunno why, but I though there was a post from someone saying they could only do 1 July and that's the date I've had in my head since. Has the post disappeared or was it never there in the first place. I can do July 1 but 24 June is impossible for me. No money. The bikes running ok though.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Erm...problem! Dunno why, but I though there was a post from someone saying they could only do 1 July and that's the date I've had in my head since. Has the post disappeared or was it never there in the first place. I can do July 1 but 24 June is impossible for me. No money. The bikes running ok though.
Oops - no, I pointed out that I can't get there by train on the 24th because there are rail replacement buses running through Todmorden and I ain't got a Brompton...

I forgot to edit the thread title. It IS going to be July 1st!

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Phew!

Top Bottom